Rail/Ring combo for Tikka T3X 300wm & Strike Eagle 5-25x56?

ChurchAl

Lil-Rokslider
Full transparency, this is my first non-rifle/scope combo I’ve purchased so pretty new to all this.

Looking for budget, but quality rail/ring recommendations that’ll work for a Tikka T3x 300wm with a Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 (34mm tube). Hoping to keep the scope as low on the gun as possible within an acceptable clearance.

Anyone have a setup like this or similar?

Gila

WKR
Midway has a luepold 20 MOA pic rail that will fit the Tikka that is on the cheaper side. The high end rail for the T3X is a Murphy Precision which is pricey, but fits both recoil lugs and the 5 screws on the T3x receiver and probably won’t need bedding. There are cheaper aluminum rails out there on Amazon. Not as many choices with the 34 mm rings but still quite a few. I have a 50mm bell and have 1 inch height Burris rings but there is room for a 56mm bell. The low end price range for 34mm rings go for about $50-$75 while the high end is probably $250-350. In my opinion I wouldn’t go cheap with mounting a tactical scope like that. I have about $400 into my mount on the 300 win mag.

Spoonbill

WKR
I've bought some stuff from Mountain Tactical and it has all been quality. They have some blemished pic rails for sale right now.

Welcome. I wouldn’t cheap out on rings. It’s a failure point that is worth spending a few $ on and the difference between -$30-50 pot metal and high end $200 rings isn’t worth blowing a hunt. Tally makes a good light option for $100.

OP
ChurchAl

ChurchAl

Lil-Rokslider
Giving an update here on what I went with:

I got the Mountain Tactical rail with the integrated recoil lug (it seemed like 90% of the other options did not have a recoil lug at all).

At the recommendation of my gunsmith, I put Leupold backcountry rings on it.

I’m only ~20 shots into this setup, but so far so good! Thanks for all the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gila

WKR
Glad you are all set. You posted weeks ago and no one replied. Unfortunately with popular forums sometimes our posts get buried quickly in other pages. I didn’t see it until yesterday. An MT rail is definitely toward the top of the list for a T3x. Good choice for the rings too.