Rain Coat for under $250.00

Coach529

Lil-Rokslider
The last piece of gear I need for Elk Season here in North Idaho is a rain jacket.

Got a budget of $250. What has everybody had the best luck with?

Look at Patagonia torrentshell, I wear one. Northwest Washington. Has pit zips. I got wet in it once with the pits open hiking in a downpour (major downpour.) but other than that it folds into its own pocket and is cheap and light.

Precip is a comparable option too and I think it’s even cheaper. My next purchase will be the HH impertech. For rubber it’s really light, I’ve tried it on a couple times just haven’t bought it yet. 80 bucks.

NEhunter

WKR
I’ve had good luck with my Sitka cloudburst. Scheels has them on sale 199.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had good luck with my Sitka cloudburst. Scheels has them on sale 199.

I just picked one of these up too!

Plenty of options in non-hunting brands. I also have a set of Patagonia rain jakcet and pants that are super packable that are my "just in case set".

+1 for the Sitka Cloudburst. I bought a set last year and wore them on some rainy and cold hunts. They really perform and the 2018 versions are a smoking deal. After tearing up a first lite jacket these have become my go to when rain is likely or expected.

Sitka also have a Kodiak jacket for $275 that is a hell of a coat for the price but my be a little overkill for "just in case".

last thought, I swapped out the small tarp I carried for day hunting for a GAtewood cape by six moons designs. Basically a poncho that doubles as a tarp. I am going to experiment with using that over a soft-shell as a rain system. I figure the soft-shell will handle up to a light drizzle. I can put on the poncho for anything heavier and take it off when things let up.

*zap*

WKR
Not super concerned on weight........want durability since we have to bust brush.

When weight and bulk is no concern I pack the military surplus rain gear. Inexpensive and it keeps me dry plus very durable. Acu pattern is generally the best price.

I’ve had a Helly Hansen Impertech since before it was Impertech, only KellyTech. It falls way inside your budget and has always delivered for me.

Red Ledge budget play:

Discount code: OLDGEAR25%OFF

K_pem

WKR
+1 for the Sitka Cloudburst.

Being up here in the panhandle as well and knowing first hand the level of brush busting you're talking about, I can attest to the Cloudburst holding up to whatever I could throw at it and still being decent on weight/breath ability.

If you wanted to go with a slightly cheaper camo option, Id strongly consider SKRE gear. I owned their rain set for awhile but it didnt fill any holes in my current system (not as light as my spacerain or as durable as my cloudburst) so i returned it. However SKRE might just have the best CS in the industry, no joke, if you did manage to tear it somehow you could rest assured it would be replaced ASAP.

I've been satisfied with my Kings x-something rain jacket. I think it cost me $100.

It's four-way stretch, durable-ish, breathes fairly well, and is not super heavy.

LostArra

WKR
Look at Patagonia torrentshell, I wear one. Northwest Washington. Has pit zips. I got wet in it once with the pits open hiking in a downpour (major downpour.) but other than that it folds into its own pocket and is cheap and light.

Precip is a comparable option too and I think it’s even cheaper. My next purchase will be the HH impertech. For rubber it’s really light, I’ve tried it on a couple times just haven’t bought it yet. 80 bucks.

I received an REI sale flyer today(sale Aug 23-Sept 2)
Patagonia Torrentshell Rain Jackets 30% off
It might be worth a look

archer60

FNG
The Patagonia is good stuff...also look at Cabelas MT 050....good stuff but watch the brush...I love Sitka Cloudburst for medium wet westher thougj

jmez

WKR
If you want durable and weight doesn't matter look for a Kryptek Koldo.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk