Rain Coat Recommendations?

roymunson

WKR
Have an Alaskan moose hunt planned in 23 and will be wearing waders for most of the walking. Can anyone recommend a good rain coat to get? I plan on layering underneath and have that taken care of, but need something that'll hold up in some crappy weather.

I have KUIU discount code I'd like to use, and I have some of their other clothes that I really like. That'd be my #1 brand to get, but if their stuff doesn't hold up, I'm open to suggestions.

Also, I'm 5' 11" 200 pounds. I wear a large tee shirt, the KUIU stuff I use runs tight, so if I'm layering, what size should I be looking for?

Any suggestions are helpful.

Thanks

Get a xl Yukon, I'm about the same dimensions, I can get it over my layers and kifaru Lost park parka fine. It's been bombproof for me the past few years

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Chape1rm

Lil-Rokslider
Have an Alaskan moose hunt planned in 23 and will be wearing waders for most of the walking. Can anyone recommend a good rain coat to get? I plan on layering underneath and have that taken care of, but need something that'll hold up in some crappy weather.

I have KUIU discount code I'd like to use, and I have some of their other clothes that I really like. That'd be my #1 brand to get, but if their stuff doesn't hold up, I'm open to suggestions.

Also, I'm 5' 11" 200 pounds. I wear a large tee shirt, the KUIU stuff I use runs tight, so if I'm layering, what size should I be looking for?

Any suggestions are helpful.

Thanks
Im super happy with Pnuma 3L element proof rain gear. It is super quite and breathable with lots of vents and seems to be tough so far ( still bring repair patches tho). Its actually quite enough Ive hunted in it on non rain days when I needed a windbreaker. I'm between medium and large sizes so I ordered a Large and it had plenty of room for layers. Pants ran true to size so I ordered two sizes up from waist measurement. Im 5'9 185.

SWEET TAG!
good luck

I've had the Yukon line for years. It's held up to being on horse back crashing through trees. There are lighter weight options but that Yukon shit is tough as nails for what rain gear can be expected to handle.

Cant go wrong with Kuiu XL in yukon, I have light chugach and just ordered the yukon for bike commuting in rain. Solid gear.