Rain covers

Tradchef

WKR
Hey guys what do you use for raincovers on your packs if you do use one? Do you get the specific brand of packs rain cover or do you get a cheaper one from another company and what are some you all like? I was in a good storm last week and my reckoning was soaked so I figured it would be good to have one just in case

Mine is from Mystery Ranch, sized for my MR packs. Until about two years ago I never used one, however after I started hunting in Alaska I used my rain cover more than ever before.

I also use it for more than just my pack, Ive sat in it during glassing sessions and used it to “hold” my clothes and binos when I am sleeping in my shelter.

TheTone

WKR
I have an osprey one that I bought on sale locally. It’s worked for me on a mystery ranch pack, no clue if it will fit my exo

Wapiti1

WKR
I have a medium osprey and a larger one from mountainsmith. Most are universal and are sized, small, medium and large with dimensions. Work great, and double as a dry place to sit if you need it.

Jeremy

BAKPAKR

WKR
If I am not really watching weight, I like using the hooded Mystery Ranch cover. It keeps a lot of water from rolling down between my pack and my back.

I got a free one last year as a bonus from Blackovis when I was buying some Mystery Ranch accessories. I think it's made by Sitka. Haven't had to use it yet, but it's always in my Sawtooth. One day, sooner or later, I'm sure I'll need it.

Hey guys what do you use for raincovers on your packs if you do use one? Do you get the specific brand of packs rain cover or do you get a cheaper one from another company and what are some you all like? I was in a good storm last week and my reckoning was soaked so I figured it would be good to have one just in case
Generally I buy the pack companies cover.
So in this case a Kifaru.

crich

WKR
Ive used an off brand cheapo that was shredded after 2 hunts. I currently use a kuiu but like the idea of the hooded options. Ive had a few instances recently where it rained for days on end and my pack got a bit soggy where it was against my back.