Rain Gear Comparissons

MTN BUM

Lil-Rokslider
Hey everyone,
Im going to upgrade rain gear soon. Leaning toward the new Dewpoint given weight, but considering also:

Kuiu Chugach
FL Seek

Anyone used multiples of these and have a quick comparisson about how they worked out? Or any general feedback, also interested in more info/+/-

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
The FL Seak is more comparable to their Yukon series. I have the Kuiu Kutana and the FL Seak and my FL Seak is more durable than the Kutana. The FL series doesn't have the stretch and is more stiff when comparing the two I have. They are both waterproof as intended but depending on what you are planning to use them for is what will gravitate you towards which one to buy. If you want something to just keep in your pack and wait out a storm or two, the Chugach. If you are planning on hunting all day in a rainy condition and don't want to worry about tearing your gear than go with the Seak.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Are those the only options you are considering?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Summitdog

Lil-Rokslider
I have the KUIU Yukon, which is a very good jacket. I just purchased a Sitka Kodiak jacket, which I really like because it is a long jacket that provides super bottom coverage while sitting on the wet ground for that damn turkey to show up. Another nice feature is that one can convert it to a normal length jacket using the internal snaps of the jacket. It weighs a bit more but for my purposes I like it better.

Scotty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totoro

WKR
Good information fellas, I am in the same dilemma as the OP.

Thinking about the Sitka DP top and bottoms; their jackets always seem short in the tail to me.

Kuiu Yukon and FL Seak are also on my hit list.

But leaning a little more toward the FL due to suspender bottoms and less zipper pocket on the tops.

However, this will be my first venture into non-GTX rain gear.

I’ve seen more negative reviews of first lite rain gear than any other company on here. I picked up the Yukon and for non gtx is about the gold standard.

LZek10

FNG
Following along here and adding question: For those of you that have this gear already, have you noticed any issues with durability or longevity of the water-resistance?

First lite seak is supposed to be pretty good but I have a FL boundary stormtight jacket that is garbage when it comes to keeping you dry and the inner laminate showed wear very early and that soured me on trying FL rain gear anytime soon.

I picked up the kuiu kutana stormshell jacket and pants this year. Really like it so far.
Also have the sitka kodiak to wear with hip boots. Awesome piece.
First lite stormfront left me disappointed 3 times on 3 different sets. Has the durability of a wet paper towel......
Had the FL seek set but sold it. It was nice but the fusion pattern was so dam bright in the woods I could not stand it.
I opted for the ash color kutana and could not be happier.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have the stone glacier rain jacket. The pockets always feel wet. It’s annoying. I wish I had my yukon still.

Jimss

WKR
Don't buy a rain jacket without pitzips or you'll get wet from the inside=out! Most models listed have pitzips...but I would make sure!