Rain Gear for Tall People

dmm08300

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have a recommendation on a rain jacket for a tall guy (6'7, 290lb, 39" Sleeve length) ? Just would like something breathable, pit zips, waterproof that fits halfway decent. Hade a Gander Mountain Guide Series TecH2) that worked well for years and now the "rubber" liner has come apart and no longer waterproof. Any suggestions? Typicallywear a 2xl or 2xl tall when I can find it in shirts.

Thanks!

TrueAt1stLight

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure about 39” sleeve length but the Columbia Tall soft shell jackets might work for you. I’ve got a 37” sleeve length and their soft shell was long on me. Cabelas makes a goretex rain jacket that has at least a 37” sleeve in the LT and XLT, and likely longer in the XXLT. I’d give Eddie Bauer and LL Bean a try as well- both offer talls.

horse43

FNG
+1 Beyond Clothing. First Lite is closest I've found for anything that doesn't promote tall sizing. I know the pain in finding clothes. Let alone hunting stuff. I'm slowly upgrading to beyond, sizing is great for me, and made in America. I'm 6'6 and run around 38 sleeve. My issue is generally with torso length and not getting belly shirts.

muddydogs

WKR
For pants I use the Cabelas Space Rain gear and for a jacket I use Kings Camo XKG Windstorm Jacket in 3xl. I'm 6'10" 300 lbs.

6’7” 250lb athletic build with 36” pant inseam and a 36” waist.

Wearing Sitka XL base bottoms, 3XL or 2XLT tops
Rain gear XLT pants with 2 or 3XL jackets
37T timberline pants.

Hard to try stuff on I know

6’7” 250lb athletic build with 36” pant inseam and a 36” waist.

Wearing Sitka XL base bottoms, 3XL or 2XLT tops
Rain gear XLT pants with 2 or 3XL jackets
37T timberline pants.

Hard to try stuff on I know
Are the talls from Sitka getting close or are they really doing it for you? My experience with many things labeled tall is that after 6'4" or so we tall folks have to make due. Are you running gaiters to make sitting in the rain work for example. Thanks in advance for answering my first ever forum post