Rain Gear for the Treestand

KJStechly

Lil-Rokslider
I’m wondering what everyone’s go to rain gear is. I’ve been looking for a set to wear in the treestand, but don’t really want to pay an arm and a leg if possible. I’ve found a few in my price range, but finding a set that doesn’t sound like a trash bag when you move seems like a challenge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump79

WKR
To be honest if I was only hunting out of a tree stand I wouldn't worry about getting a premium set of rain gear.

What you get out of a premium set of rain gear is breathability which is key to mountain or other active hunting. I would recommend getting something quiet, has some stretch to it and is waterproof.

What size are you?

These would be decent options.

Could likely do well with the Cabela's MTO50 rain gear. Gore-tex and not the most expensive stuff out there. I have a set from almost 10 years ago that serve me well.

Finch

WKR
Have you considered a tree umbrella? I keep one in my truck and take it in when there is a threat of rain. I also have Cabelas space rain jacket and pants that I mainly purchased for my elk hunts.

The tree umbrella is nice though.

kpk

WKR
^^^Same. A tree umbrella is really the way to go. They're cheap and work well.

OP
K

KJStechly

Lil-Rokslider
Never even thought about a tree umbrella! That’s a great idea

Titan_Bow

WKR
Kryptek Vellus is great for the tree stand but it’s heavy and warm, so really best for colder weather. But it’s fleece faced and stealthy quiet. If I were in warm southern type climate, I’d probably go the tree umbrella route

have had set of Cabela's MT050 for almost 10years that I strictly use for tree stand hunting that is super quite. Lately iv tried my first lite vapor stormlight and it works great but loud compared to the MTO50 from Cabela's