Rain Gear Kuiu vs First Lite

Slugz

WKR
Kuiu Yukon jacket and pants for 708$ or First Lite Seek Stormtight jacket and pants for 479$

Can anyone provide a comparison or side by side evaluation? Experiences with either.

Thanks

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
I've always heard that Kuiu rain gear is superior in every way. Keeps you dryer, somehow, especially compared the the FL set. No experience with either, just what I've heard on here/online.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

No personal experience with the Yukon however I know several people who wear them for construction work all winter long and have had no issues over the years. Those sets have seen a lot more abuse then they ever would in a decade of hunting seasons.

Royal7

FNG
I had the same questions about a year ago. I did a ton of reading on this website as well as watching YouTube reviews and went with the FL SEAK.

I saw in multiple places that the Yukon wrist cuffs tended to leak which was disappointing from my perspective. I have no experience with the Yukon but I have been nothing but happy with the FL!

Having owned lots of gear from both companies, the fit could not be more different so your body size and shape may be one of the ultimate deciding factors as I’m sure both are great products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madcalfe

WKR
ive ran kuiu yukon for 3 years and have never been disappointed. i wear the jacket everyday hunting if its cold enough for one. it is a little heavier and takes a bit more time to dry out than most rain gear cause the face fabric but pretty bomb proof. id say go for the yukon rain jacket and kutana pants.

MrSunday

Lil-Rokslider
Love my Kuiu Chugach rain gear. Id go Kuiu. FL rain gear does not have the best reputation from what I can tell.

Spoonman

WKR
Have a first generation Kuiu Yukon jacket so I’m guessing I’ve had it for 5-6 years maybe? Still dry every time I use it, and I live in western Washington. Never encountered leaking from the cuffs?!? Maybe if you are pointing up at the rain then the water would get in the cuffs.