Rain Gear, SKRE vs ?

I am looking at new rain gear for western wa. I was debating between Kuiu and Sitka. SKRE caught my eye and general reviews are positive. But, most reviews (or ones I have seen) don't come from wet climates. Anything will hold up for a few days to week the first season or two and I have considered just replacing Cableas/Browning etc annually.

Any reviews reports from very wet environments? I can get Sitka at 30%-40% off so almost price parity.

K

Kootenay Hunter

I like my FL Seak Stormtight jacket, pretty bombproof wet weather jacket, especially for the PNW. Lots of good reviews of AK usage. I have not gotten wet wearing it, but last year's season was quite dry for me, I hunted in a mid-layer right til Dec 20.

OP
I like my FL Seak Stormtight jacket, pretty bombproof wet weather jacket, especially for the PNW. Lots of good reviews of AK usage. I have not gotten wet wearing it, but last year's season was quite dry for me, I hunted in a mid-layer right til Dec 20.

Thanks I have a couple of hunting buddys who were disappointed with their FL. I was caught a little off guard, not sure which gear they had but, we also didn't have a crazy wet season in Nov - Dec. Similar to you I want light-mid layer as I don't spend much time in eastern WA when it's cold (think BC interior).

K

Kootenay Hunter

For a lighter set, I have the Badlands exo jacket and pants. Also haven't been soaked through wearing those. Outer layer has a softened surface so it's pretty quite (super micro fleece?). They also have a lifetime guarantee, you poke a hole or it starts leaking, you can exchange it. The pants have a full zip and suspenders, so they're pretty comfy.

I got the FL jacket as my universal winter hardshell, wold wear it hunting if it was pouring rain or super cold, otherwise the badlands jacket does my well.

OP
Thanks, I'll take a look. I have a Badlands back from years ago that I consider ok but more starter gear than my Kuiu's. Thing is its in the same $$ as the discounted Sitka or the SKRE.

Last edited:

Idaho CTD

Lil-Rokslider
Both Kuiu and Skre have lifetime warranties. I have had them both replace items free. Skre paid the shipping round trip. Skre's rain gear is lighter duty then Kuiu Chugach. I haven't been wet in either one but the Kuiu is heavier duty.

OP
So I can deal lighter weight, does it (SKRE) keep you dry day after day if you aren't busting though a lot of brush?

Doesn't Sitka have an equivalent w

DEJaca

FNG
I am also in the raingear market and have just found Skre. All my gear is Kuiu but if the Skre will hold up, I would be all in. I am on the dry side of OR so the Chugach may bee more than I need. Been studying the Kutana because of the brush resistantance and the lack of constant heavy rain. Snow will hit in elk season from time to time so a little more insulation would be great coming from rain gear.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrAP