Rain Gear

Whip

WKR
I haven't found rain gear I truly love, but I have the First Lite and is good stuff as far as rain gear goes. Kept me dry and comfortable on Kodiak and that was a pretty good test. Pit zips are a required feature and it did a good job venting so I stayed dry from body moisture as well as rain. I haven't tried the other brands but from reviews and tests I had read the First Lite was supposed to be quieter. It's not bad, but not entirely silent. (I'm pretty picky when it comes to noisy fabrics) As far as being packable I know there are better options if that is a big factor. So it really depends on what you want it for and how you'll use it. Something you'll pull out of a pack to sit out a shower is going to be different than what you will want for all day mountain hiking.

mcseal2

WKR
I run a FL Seak jacket and Kuiu Yukon pants Found both on sale between booking and going on my AK hunt. I like both.

renagde

WKR
I run Sitka Dewpoint. It's not the quietest, but if it's raining you can get away with quite a bit. I know some of the other Sitka rain gear uses a brushed face fabric which is quieter. It's heavier and I use mine for western hunting so I'll stick to the Dewpoint.

Btaylor

WKR
I am about to order an OR Helium jacket. Wife has one we found on mega sale last year and it is really nice. Weighs about as much as a popcorn fart and packs down to nothing. Like might go in a ziplock sandwich baggie. Not built for busting brush but it keeps her dry.

stump06

WKR
If your'e gonna be busting brush id say Kuiu Yukon or sitka stormfront. Camofire has been having the stormfront on sale regularly.
I have the Kuiu Teton and sitka cloudburst. Teton is a pretty basic suit but its lightweight and great to keep in the pack for quick showers.
Cloudburst is a little tougher with more features. I'll use it if I'm on a trip and good rain gear is essential. The pit zips are a great feature.
IMO I would go with the cloudburst or Kuiu chugach. Both good middle of the pack sets with great features. Just depends on what your needs are.

LostArra

WKR
Since this is a whitetail section I'm assuming you aren't mountain hiking. I've got a Kuiu Chugach and I like it for elk hunting but for treestand hunting and just staying dry it's pricey. Chugach does have a nice fitting hood.

If you can find Core 4 Torrent rain gear it also has the brushed finish and is fairly quiet. I've also used Helly Hansen Impertech in a treestand and stay very DRY although it's not for extended hiking and it's not real quiet but when the rain is falling quiet isn't too important to me and I just take it off when the rain stops.

I guess my point is just keeping dry while treestand hunting doesn't require the Big 3 $$$$ clothing companies unless you have other uses for their gear and plenty of cash.

Wiscohunter

Lil-Rokslider
I am also assuming you're treestand hunting. The mountain hunting rain gear is expensive and noisy for treestand hunting.

Sitka does make the downpour of you're looking for top of the line. The safety pass through is great too.

I use some cables dry plus stuff. It works great while treestand hunting, but dries too slowly and is too heavy for backpacking. I throw it in the dryer or hang inside so it's ready for the next day. They don't make it anymore, but there is similar rain gear for whitetail hunting that will serve you fine if you don't want to spend money on Sitka, Kuiu, etc.

I recently bought a set of the Kuiu Chugach and used it this turkey season. Loved it. I feel as if it will serve me well during deer season also.

Jaspe

FNG
I like the Kuiu Yukon. I've recently needed to equip myself for an elk hunt. Much of the gear I used for stand hunting was not a match for mountain hunting. The Yukon has proven effective and durable. I believe it can be used in many hunting environments. It also doubles as a soft shell for me. It is heavier but I like the feel of the jacket.