Rain Gear

Any suggestions on rain gear that is quiet and actually waterproof that won’t break the bank? Let me know what you guys have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlanoDano

FNG
Depends on where you are going. My poncho would not be sufficient in Pacific NW or Alaska/

rvanbw00

FNG
I bought brown ultralight Gore Tex "golf" rain pants on eBay for $20 used but in immaculate shape. They cut the wind and are waterproof, and if they get slashed in the field it won't bother me since I didn't spend 10x that on pants marketed to the "hunting" sector.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Airborne1

Lil-Rokslider
I've worn Cabela's space saving rain coat in downpours and stayed dry. I caught it on sale for about $50 I believe.

Jaspe

FNG
I have used Cabela's in the past and have remained dry . I took out a second mortgage this year and purchased
Kuiu Yukon. I am planning to use as a soft shell and as rain gear. I needed something durable and which I could vent heat. I think a lot depends on the type of hunting you will be doing.

I don't think any raingear is particularly quite but if it's raining hard enough to need it the forest is usually plenty load enough to cover up any noise they do make.

I like my KUIU lightweight packable raingear. It's survived a couple of years now of moderate use here in the PNW.

Jqualls

Lil-Rokslider
I had no idea dillards carried Marmot but they had the precip jacket on clearance for $30ish.