Rain gear

How much importance would one place on rain gear if they where mostly hunting antelope or mule deer rifle season in Wyoming ? What brands would everyone recommend

I dont place a big importance in rain gear. I pack a light rain jacket around if I get caught in a big down pour I can throw that on. Usually I can hunker down under a tree and have the rain settle down before I go on and I dont get too wet. I find gaitors the biggest help for keeping my feet dry. As far as a brand goes I love kuiu and it functions great. But there are other good brands too. Look at your budget and go with that.

chwebb03

FNG
How much importance would one place on rain gear if they where mostly hunting antelope or mule deer rifle season in Wyoming ? What brands would everyone recommend

I just recently this pasta weekend went on a 3 day hike in the Sipsy Wilderness in Alabama. We were expecting rain all 3 days and got only one really. I purchased the Stone glacier M5. It performed well and I am gonna post a descent review maybe tomorrow night. 300 bones expensive but my patagonia lifestyle jacket wouldn't have held up

OP
O
Right now my budget is a little on the low side at 250dollars I've got 3 I like kuiu Northridge, vapor stormlight by north light and millerton by north face I'm open to other suggestions as well

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
Right now my budget is a little on the low side at 250dollars I've got 3 I like kuiu Northridge, vapor stormlight by north light and millerton by north face I'm open to other suggestions as well
+1
e.png

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
When I lived down south and hunted places like AZ, NM,WY, CO etc, I didn’t care much at all. I got through many seasons with marmot precip stuff, I want to say you can get a jacket and pants for like 200 dollars from rei. I always considered it to be very nice rain gear and it Mercer let me down.

once I moved to AK, rain gear became actual “gear” to me since on more than 1 occasion I’ve had to wear it for a week straight. Right now, I’d take the kuiu yukon or stone glacier stuff above pretty much anything else.

mcseal2

WKR
I watch the weather. I take the lightest Kuiu pants and a Marmot precip jacket if i think it might sprinkle. I use a MyTrailCo poncho if I don’t think it will do anything, it can also be a tarp.
For AK I got s First Lite Seak jacket and Kuiu Yukon pants when they were on sale. They are nice for when rain is expected. For work I use the Helly Hensen Impertech.

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
Outdoor research has their Optimizer 3L gortex on sale for $240.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
O
I like those but I wouldn't be able to use it to Turkey hunt in to bright of colors on the outdoor research

Field Supply and Camofire are great places to find Kryptek and Browning rain gear for a good price. Tidewe has a reasonable set but I have no experience with it. Halley Hanson impertec is another reasonable option.

P Y Buck

Lil-Rokslider
I pack the Cabelas Space Rain. Packs well, lite weight and under $150 for both pants and jacket.

OP
O
I tried those on they felt on the cheap side material side and had bad reviews I wish they had worked I get a 45% discount on bp and cabelas gear

Jellymon

FNG
I pack the Cabelas Space Rain. Packs well, lite weight and under $150 for both pants and jacket.

I was looking at these at bass pro and when I started to open the jacket all the stitching came apart. I put them back and will look elsewhere.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I don't think that rain gear should be at the top of your list especially hunting Wyoming in August throw October. I do carry rain gear because getting wet in the back woods makes your life suck. I run the Sitka cloudburst set up and for the 10 to 15 days a year that you find yourself in need of rain gear it is worth its weight in gold.