Rain Gear

Looking to buy some rain gear for elk hunting. Don’t expect a lot of rain but I’d like to hunt through it. Used a Walmart poncho last year. Read a lot of people use the cabelas space rain and outdoor research helium ii. Concerned about the durability of the space rain. Not going to abuse it but I’d like it to last for $150. Any experience?

I went out on a limb and bought the Browning Hell’s Canyon Speed Rain Slayer on the cheap a couple of years ago. There were very little reviews when I bought it. I have tested it thoroughly and can vouch that it keeps you dry. It has pit zips which allow ventilation. The cons are that it is not that packable and is not super lightweight. I put them in a compression sack and keep in my pack. I let a hunting partner use them as a windproof shell in Montana when it was -15 degrees and they kept him warm and dry in the deep snow.

Osubuck

FNG
I know it’s more than you want to spend but The Sitka Cloudburst is great! Back in 2009 I purchased a Sitka rain suit on sale. Last season the seam tape failed on that suit and because of their lifetime guarantee Sitka replaced it with a brand new suit. Buy once cry once! You will never spend another penny on a rain suit again.

Looking to buy some rain gear for elk hunting. Don’t expect a lot of rain but I’d like to hunt through it. Used a Walmart poncho last year. Read a lot of people use the cabelas space rain and outdoor research helium ii. Concerned about the durability of the space rain. Not going to abuse it but I’d like it to last for $150. Any experience?
always have my expensive raingear in pack. end up using $2 poncho