Rain gear

Daniel_M

WKR
i wish i knew someone local with the chugach to see what it looks and feels like.....i think this core4 torrent stuff is pretty impressive especially at camofire prices, although as ruttin mentioned in his review, it looks like it may take a bit to dry out

to save weight i am debaiting on not taking my kuiu guide jacket for my early season hunt and use my rain jacket over the top of the spindrift if it gets cold

Light Gore-texish on the outside, not much "swish" as you walk. Blocks the rain for dayzzzzzzzz.

swat8888

WKR
Golite trinity top and Tumalo pants....just under a pound for both each is 7oz. Wouldn't wear then in any sort of brush, that's my extreme lightweight sheep set. The jacket hasn't been field tested yet. Otherwise I run various paclite material suits that have held up well and come in about 22oz...approx for the set. I have yet to buy high dollar hunting brand rain suits. I figure if the weather is that bad visibility already sucks.

OP
Manosteel

Manosteel

WKR
After taking a real look at my gear weight- my rain gear really stood out as weighing a lot (over 3-1/2 lbs) So now I think I will go lighter since I will be bring my underarmour universal pant/ jacket on my hunts, if I need more layering for warmth, and go light weight with the rain gear. Something like Cabela's Space Rain Ultra Pack Rain Jacket & pants - approximately 16oz each. I only used my rain gear last year for a wind blocker on the top of the mountains last year and faced very little rain the year before so I should be fine going this way.