Rain gear

Manosteel

WKR
What kind of rain gear do you use and what does it weight. Currently my rain gear is about 50 oz for both jacket and pants, not super loud but not silent either.

dotman

WKR
Jacket is 14oz and is loud when dry, I don't have or take rain pants. Can't remember exactly what model I have but it is an Outdoor Research jacket.

sk1

WKR
core4element torrent top and bottom

top - 15.5oz
bottom - 14.5oz

i have not verified weights on scale, those are whats listed

sk1

WKR
I just received the 2013 FirstLite jacket... weighs right around 20 oz. Haven't gotten to try it out though.

Mike

mike where did you pick this up? i dont even see them listed on their site, ive been wanting to see their new 2013 products

armyjoe

Super Moderator
X2 but for this year on my Colorado and other Early season hunts I am thinkin bout just aspace rain top from cabelas I used my Kuiu Rain Gear Twice only this year

Shaun,

I use the space rain gear top here in CO and it works great. I can't justify buying really expensive stuff when I only wore it a few times also during the very few rain storms.

Duk Dog

Lil-Rokslider
Kuiu Chugach rain gear. Previously was Cabelas MT050 gear - good stuff and still has its place, just not on backpack hunts.

sk1

WKR
i wish i knew someone local with the chugach to see what it looks and feels like.....i think this core4 torrent stuff is pretty impressive especially at camofire prices, although as ruttin mentioned in his review, it looks like it may take a bit to dry out

to save weight i am debaiting on not taking my kuiu guide jacket for my early season hunt and use my rain jacket over the top of the spindrift if it gets cold

BigSurArcher

Banned
I'm really curious what the new Kryptek Poseidon will weigh in at. Anybody have intel? It looked and felt like really nice stuff for backpacking in checking it out at the show.