Rain jacket

Jay09

FNG
What’s the best light weight rain jacket for the money? Preferably less than $200. Looking for a good jacket for a mid September Colorado elk hunt.

BBalash3

Lil-Rokslider
REI has last years Arc’teryx Beta Lt Hybrid jacket on sale for $198 (MSRP $399).

You can’t order it on the website, but if you call the item number is 1108220012.

I picked up the heron color which is similar to a slate gray. It’s a sweet packable Goretex jacket with pit zips.

BBalash3

Lil-Rokslider
Cut and paste fail, item number is 1108220012.

Attachments

• 2A21EFD4-B7F1-4E11-B98F-37C9BB76BBA8.png
    2A21EFD4-B7F1-4E11-B98F-37C9BB76BBA8.png
    286.8 KB · Views: 132
cabelas space rain. Cheap, relatively durable, super light. Honestly, have only had it on like half a dozen times in 6 years, and for very short stints.

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
I have used Cabela's space rain jacket and pants for three seasons now and am pleased with them. For the price they are hard to beat and if something ever happens the warranty covers them.

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased a Skre rain jacket for my sept elk hunt. It was used as a windbreak and that’s it so can’t say it keeps rain out but is is very light and I found it on sale for $120 so within your budget.

darren820

FNG
For packable stuff I'm just running a space rain jacket and some marmot packable pants. I was tapped out on funds when I bought the space rain but for how often I use it I haven't found a reason to upgrade it. Marmot pants are full zip which is slick too.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

SW hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Ive been using a mil surplus rain jacket. Its part of the ECWCS clothing. Lightweight. Bone dry. Weighs almost nothing i carry it most days in my pack in case wind comes up. Only down side is the hood is huge, i assume its to be worn over a helmet. Maybe $100.

Linedawg

Lil-Rokslider
Me and my two hunting partners have have goog luck with Marmont precip for 4 years now Colorado we hunt Colorado 2nd rifle be shure to get the pants that zip to the hip

Maverick940

Banned
Ive been using a mil surplus rain jacket. Its part of the ECWCS clothing. Lightweight. Bone dry. Weighs almost nothing i carry it most days in my pack in case wind comes up. Only down side is the hood is huge, i assume its to be worn over a helmet. Maybe $100.
Yeah, my rain jacket was about $100, as well. 3/4 length, though. Bone dry, windproof and light. Works great in Alaska.

Jimss

WKR
I usually wear camo Sitka raingear but I also have used and abused Marmot Precip on numerous Alaska trips while fishing. I bought 2 sets of Marmot Precips from Sierra Trading because they were only around $50 each! That is a heck of a deal for quality jackets....also have 3 sets of pants...that I use on a regular basis. They have all held up very well.

What ever rain jacket you decide on make sure they have pitzips or you will end up getting wet from the inside-out!

frankrb3

WKR
I ran the outdoor research foray jacket in green this summer for work. Great color for hunting purposes and it comes with a lifetime no questions asked warranty. Pretty awesome deal when you think about how easy it is to tear up rain gear when busting through brush, crawling through cactus or trying to get over a barbed fence.