Rain, Snow or Shine

I’m headed up hunting elk again this week and see the rain is about to start. I’ve never hunted elk in rain and I am curious as to how they will behave. I am far from being an avid elk hunter but I do watch them here in my state of New Mexico. As the draw has it I have not been selected for a tag this year and I am headed to Colorado. Any advice besides proper gear would be appreciated. I’ll be up there the 20th-27th.

JEEF

FNG
Just got back from a few days of hunting - where I was the elk were pretty hunkered down on the 2 days of rain/hail. Yesterday was the first day of clear weather and they were super active! Hoping to close the deal on one next weekend..

OP
FlinginDarts
Just got back from a few days of hunting - where I was the elk were pretty hunkered down on the 2 days of rain/hail. Yesterday was the first day of clear weather and they were super active! Hoping to close the deal on one next weekend..
Get after it! Good luck and thank you for the heads up!

Laramie

WKR
In light rain/mist, elk are generally active from my experience. During anything heavier, they tend to hunker down.