Rainy Pass Repair

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Had them fix a big burn hole in my SG Grumman. $55 bucks. I think it looks great all things considered.

d0744af9aa817456a1571b6df89406d0.jpg
fb26f4392fec4b2bc2bdf7d7a7167d5c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great. Good to know it’s possible to fix those.

sneaky

"DADDY"
That's about as good as could be expected I would say. Always heard they did good work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

akrdkill

WKR
pretty sure they do all of sitka's warranty repairs also, they put new side zippers in & can't tell they were repaired

sneaky

"DADDY"
Speaking of DCF aka cuben, @Ryan Avery did you see where Nunatak came out with a DCF quilt with a sealable opening where you can wear it like a poncho? It's on their Instagram page

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Had them fix a big burn hole in my SG Grumman. $55 bucks. I think it looks great all things considered.

d0744af9aa817456a1571b6df89406d0.jpg
fb26f4392fec4b2bc2bdf7d7a7167d5c.jpg

@mtnwrunner caption that photo

Oh that's easy...

"Fuzzy Wuzzy discovered his Grumman was actually filled with Hemp. He was last seen driving off in his camo Prius, smoke billowing out of the windows........."

Randy

sneaky

"DADDY"
@mtnwrunner caption that photo

Oh that's easy...

"Fuzzy Wuzzy discovered his Grumman was actually filled with Hemp. He was last seen driving off in his camo Prius, smoke billowing out of the windows........."

Randy
Question is... did he have his goats in the backseat?

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
What kind of dumbass smokes hemp?? There is no fun in hemp.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
That's a big hole. I had a little smaller hole maybe 1.5" across in my down jacket sleeve, but I just used Gorilla Tape on it. It's been on there for a few years now.

When I was a kid, my dad and I were cutting up firewood. I had the "Poulan" and I'm left-handed. It was winter and I had my down coat on. There I was sawing away when suddenly I thought I hit a chicken........feathers everywhere. The muffler (on the wrong side of that dang RH chainsaw) had melted the shell on my jacket. That was a bummer.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
“I thought I hit a chicken...” lmao @5MilesBack

I burned a hole in my Gahr Kryptek jacket this fall putting wood in the SO stove. Man that’s a punch in the gut when you see a $300 coat being melted. But I saw somebody on here suggested tenacious tape, so I fixed it right up. Can’t hardly tell.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wonder what rainy pass thought when they opened Ryan's package and the whole place started stinking like goat.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
But I saw somebody on here suggested tenacious tape, so I fixed it right up. Can’t hardly tell.

Ya, that stuff works really well too. I was crossing a barbed wire fence a few years ago and my pants snagged on it and ripped an L shaped tear right in the seat. I put a tenacious tape patch over it on the inside and it's been on for a few years now even after several washings.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Ya, that stuff works really well too. I was crossing a barbed wire fence a few years ago and my pants snagged on it and ripped an L shaped tear right in the seat. I put a tenacious tape patch over it on the inside and it's been on for a few years now even after several washings.

I believe!

sneaky

"DADDY"
The next Bud Light commercial is going to be "here's to you, Mr Tenacious Tape man"