Rampages - Alaska's Great White Dall by Lewis Bradley

Wingert

FNG
Since these books were mentioned in the Holy Sheep! thread, I thought others might be interested in reading Lew Bradley's "Encyclopedia" of Dall Sheep.

Slip Case Holder
RAMPAGES

Alaska’s Great White Dall

Author – Lewis D. Bradley​

Rampages I, II & III
  • 3 Volume Set Collector’s Edition in Slipcase
  • Culmination of 11 years of research and interviews
  • History of Alaska Dall sheep hunting 1914-2018
  • 98 Sheep hunter profiles/stories
  • 1800+ pages – Equivalent to 6 normal sheep books
  • 1289 Color photos
  • 600+ Sheep photos
* 200+ 40” rams

Lew Bradley

• 82 B&C rams * 47 years Alaska resident
  • 20 Rams scoring 180+ * Served in US Army 1967-1970
  • 10 of the Top 15 B&C Dall rams and major profiles: * Hunted Alaska since 1968 Swank, Cook, Lentfer, Sheets, Oney, Summar, * Married for 53 years to Carol Effler, Lyons, Nelson, and Harrower. * Teacher & Coach for 40 years
  • 14 Photos of Swank Ram hunt never before released * Antler, Horn & Bone Carver
  • 95 Charts, graphs, tables, and maps * Harvested 35 Dall Rams
  • 80 Illustrations & cartoons 14 Rams over 40”
  • 57 Poems 9 B&C Dalls
  • 65 Pages of harvest statistics 3 Rams 180+
Rampages is unlike any previous sheep hunting books, and is 6 times their size. One review states: “This is by far the most complete study on Dall sheep hunting available. No subject is untouched, and the depth and attention to detail is outstanding. Every student of Dall sheep and the hunting of this majestic monarch should have a copy in their library to refer to. It is invaluable and destined to become a classic. Of great importance is the fact that it preserves the rich history of those early pioneers before their accomplishments and memories were lost in time! This is a serious work; qualifying as the Gutenberg Bible of Dall sheep hunting. It is that good!”

Priced as a 3 Volume Set in Slipcase for $350.00 US funds + $30.00 if shipping is required anywhere in the US.

Overseas shipping will depend on destination. For orders: Call – 907-745-4644 Hm or 907-669-0043 Cell or

Email - [email protected] My address is 8200 E. Duchess Dr. Palmer, AK 99645. Happy Trails, Lew Bradley

AlaskaEd

WKR
Amazing book(s)! Expensive, but all 1800 pages are a work of art. Amazing pics and hundreds of stories from Lew and other sheep hunters all over Alaska. I bet you this entire forum has less quality sheep content that these books do. Hell, you’d be hard pressed to beat it on the entire internet. As far as the price goes, I can’t think of another single purchase that will make you a better or more motivated sheep hunter than Rampages.

I had the pleasure of talking to Lew at a small get together last winter up in Fairbanks, and he’s a amazing guy. He put Rampages together out of his own pocket, not to make any money, but because he absolutely loves sheep hunting and wants to make sure these stories and pictures documented.

never.truly.lost

Lil-Rokslider
It might be worth contacting Lew and seeing if he knows someone driving up or down from Alaska to coordinate getting a set. He’s pretty well connected and I’m sure something could be worked out.

Perfect yes I hadn't really considered that.

I will shoot him an email.

Thanks,
Andy

Homer

FNG
If you’re a sheep hunter or would like to I highly recommend them. I picked up a set from him a few weeks ago and he spent nearly 3 hours showing my brother and I his collection of rams and other Alaskan novelties. One of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet. He had said the sooner he offloads the rest of these books the sooner his wife will let him start printing his new collection of Alaskan guiding stories from the early day. Here’s a pair of his rams. If I remember correctly the right ram is over 45 inches on the non broken side. 33BAF19A-14C1-4095-8595-289054D2FF4B.jpeg

JLMUELZ

FNG
My wife bought me the set for fathers day, I have enjoyed every page! Cant wait for his next books.