11   0   0
His account has been locked

Change your Password often!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BigAl!

WKR
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I knew it!! Glad I didn't fall for this one.

wesfromky

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change your Password often!!

This is not really the best advice these days. The better advice is to not reuse passwords on any sites. Use a password manager to maintain all those unique passwords. It is very important to never use the passwords for important sites like email, banking, etc with other sites like forums. And, always enable MFA when supported.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
This is not really the best advice these days. The better advice is to not reuse passwords on any sites. Use a password manager to maintain all those unique passwords. It is very important to never use the passwords for important sites like email, banking, etc with other sites like forums. And, always enable MFA when supported.

I guess it was implied not to be stupid and use a different PW everywhere or hell I don't know use two step verification.... the lazy **** us all and it's getting really old for me and the mods!

wesfromky

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would be amazed at the number of people that use the same password everywhere or on a bunch of sites. Once one site gets popped, the attackers just start spraying that email/PW combo all over until they get a hit.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Google’s password manager is legit, and just runs through Chrome. It will even suggest complex passwords for you. I use those for sites that I don’t log in with multiple devices. Just set it and forget it. You can even access those passwords down the road if you need to.

Id be happy to post a short video on how to set up 2fa on Rokslide, as well as how to use a password manager like google chrome, if everyone is interested.

To give you an idea of how easy it is to break a short password…

Attachments

• 1652836818581.jpeg
    1652836818581.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 71

OkayestHNTR

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You would be amazed at the number of people that use the same password everywhere or on a bunch of sites. Once one site gets popped, the attackers just start spraying that email/PW combo all over until they get a hit.

One way to evaluate whether your email/PW have been compromised is the check "have i been pwned" for those of you who have/do recycle PW's.