Ramshot Tac

Has anyone reloaded with Ramsgate Tac? My local gun store has some now. On the burn chart it is equal with 4064.

greaseywater

Lil-Rokslider
I've had good results with Tac in 223 and 6.5 grendel. Looks like it could be useful in 308, but haven't tried that yet.

204guy

WKR
I've burned some in 223. Works fine. Ramshot has pretty extensive free load info their website. Only problem with it is like all ramshot powders it makes a bit of a mess in an RCBS charge master. It's a ball powder and a few bounce out of the pan every charge.

Zappaman

WKR
I've burned some in 223. Works fine. Ramshot has pretty extensive free load info their website. Only problem with it is like all ramshot powders it makes a bit of a mess in an RCBS charge master. It's a ball powder and a few bounce out of the pan every charge.
Yep. my Chargemaster gets a "tilt" on the front when I load (literal) ball powder. "Hunter" powder is the worst- just keeps rolling right out after hitting the charge limit. Also, try the McDonalds straw trick in the nozzle if you haven't yet- it helps.

07yzryder

Lil-Rokslider
i love it for 223/556 bulk loads. Ramshot is one of the few who has 556 load data as well as 223. Tac meters and is cheap so its perfect for bulk loading for me.

Yep. my Chargemaster gets a "tilt" on the front when I load (literal) ball powder. "Hunter" powder is the worst- just keeps rolling right out after hitting the charge limit. Also, try the McDonalds straw trick in the nozzle if you haven't yet- it helps.

is your chargemaster level? Mine stops as soon as the spinning stops/

Zappaman

WKR
Yep, it's level except with "Hunter" where I raise the front a touch to stop it for overfilling every time otherwise- that powder is literally a perfect ball. I did also put the 1" piece of McDonald's straw in the nossle (thicker straw that happens to fit inside perfectly) and that helped with all powders. Tip: if you do this make sure and cut the back of the straw (going into the inside) at a slight angle- figured that out after tinkering with it back 6 years ago or so.

Great powder in my .17 Fireball, .204 Ruger and .223. Meters better out of my powder measure than any powder I've used and very accurate. Very useful burn rate for a variety of cases, and you can get max charge loads in without compressing it in the above mentioned cartridges.

I jumped on 16lbs, gonna drop it under some 77tmks (if I ever find them) and work up a load I can mass produce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLS

WKR
I jumped on 16lbs, gonna drop it under some 77tmks (if I ever find them) and work up a load I can mass produce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It should work well. I tried the TMKs, but the SMK shot better out of my rifle. I use them for long targets in 3 gun and some Designated Marksman style matches that go out to 7-800 yds. I load mine on a progressive and it throws TAC charges very consistently.