Rancher vs Elk in OR

EsteemGrinders

Lil-Rokslider
I hope the hang the man. He was given many many options including killing the elk but he would have to process the meat. ODFW also allowed for Emergence damage control tags but the Rancher did not want anybody onto his property. Very Sad he took the Law into his own hands after having many options presented to him.

JPHuntingAUS

Lil-Rokslider
In aus we have issued with kangaroos on farming land. I'm a control agent for several properties and that's the easiest legal way to do it.

It seems like these guys had a similar option bit declined for who knows what reason.

They had their chance to do it right and looks as though they'll pay the price for arrogance in wanting to do it their own way.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jon Boy

WKR
Once I read that they don't allow any hunting on there property I quit reading. I have zero sympathy for land owners that have issues with elk but don't allow hunting. See too much of it everyday in MT.

JWP58

WKR
Don't allow hunters, won't take a kill permit because they couldn't just let the elk rot.....ya the state hasn't done enough.

That hard working rancher just stole 25 elk, and the future offspring of those elk from Oregon residents.

Once I read that they don't allow any hunting on there property I quit reading. I have zero sympathy for land owners that have issues with elk but don't allow hunting. See too much of it everyday in MT.

I am not attempting to comment on this specific incident. So while I agree with your sentiment I think we should also recognize that many hunters have, in the past and continue to today, represent themselves and us in a bad light. Some of the antics hunters pull on public land would make me very hesitant to just open my doors to any old hunter with their .30-06 coming on to my property. Many of us are very civil and are great representatives for what we do. Yet there are others who aren't.

SkinnyPete

Lil-Rokslider
Guy is a scumbag. He could have interviewed any hunters odfw sent to hunt his property. He just was a lazy $#itbird. He was also to stupid to realize those weren't the state's elk. They were his and everyone else's.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about Oregon, but in California, those elk would not belong to the state, they would have belonged to the people of the state. This is a heanous crime against the people, and a tragedy to the elk.

IdahoBeav

WKR

Jon Boy

WKR
I am not attempting to comment on this specific incident. So while I agree with your sentiment I think we should also recognize that many hunters have, in the past and continue to today, represent themselves and us in a bad light. Some of the antics hunters pull on public land would make me very hesitant to just open my doors to any old hunter with their .30-06 coming on to my property. Many of us are very civil and are great representatives for what we do. Yet there are others who aren't.
Again, if you feel you have such a problem with elk but dont allow ANY hunting, I could care less. There are ways of restricting access and knowing whose on your land with out letting every Tom dick and harry hunt it.

However, if you have an elk problem so bad that you feel the need to poach 25 elk, letting people access your land freely to hunt is not even a question.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

EsteemGrinders

Lil-Rokslider
I know some will take offense and to that I say please forgive me but this but many will find it true. That said once I heard he was a Logger and Rancher all bets of this guy use good rational judgment were out.

JWP58

WKR
So either this husband/wife duo are the dumbest tag team I've read about, or they just figured they were entitled to have things their way no matter what.

They really couldn't figure out why Elk numbers on their property increased and they stuck around? Hmmmm.....no hunters allowed, plenty of food...you know I don't have a PhD but its seems pretty obvious to me. Couple that with the fact they could have harvested the elk themselves but were too lazy to skin/gut/deliver them to a processor (even with a nice 4wd tractor that probably has a font loader that wifey mentions in her statement) these two take the cake.

Did they want a flying saucer to abduct these elk? And then to bitch and moan about a public information release as "slander"??? Ya the FACTS are pretty damning aren't they Maude???

WRO

WKR
What a dumphuck, he had plenty of options and could have made some money off the whole deal but chose not too..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
Ray

Ray

WKR

Hunting at all or public access?