Random observation- NL Pure

JakeSCH

WKR
I bought the NL 12's to replace my 8.5 EL and 15's SLC combo.

Besides everything else already brought up, a significant benefit of the NL 12x vs 15 SLC is that there is a large reduction in vibration on windy days on my slik-634. It was night and day difference.

nhgt_fd

FNG
I think many people buy this because the resale value holds up. If the resale value drops like new cars dropping 5K right out of the dealership, this may not happen frequently.

mi650

WKR
Haha! Like a woman choosing paint colors!

I kept my 8x32 ELs (They are pre swaro vision but still great glass) for those occasions when everything is sub 200 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I still have a 10x42 SLC and a 10x42 Leica. Should probably use 1 of those for hunting.

I bought the NL 12's to replace my 8.5 EL and 15's SLC combo.

Besides everything else already brought up, a significant benefit of the NL 12x vs 15 SLC is that there is a large reduction in vibration on windy days on my slik-634. It was night and day difference.
That's a solid point, my 15x56 can be a wind sail on a glassing point. The slimmer profile of smaller binos can drastically reduce vibration 👍

Brummie75

FNG
Yes but I hold the 10 NL's much steadier having tried both with the FRP. I also don't have the FRP on all the time switching between glassing on a tripod and moving.

I also believe the 10's are a much better all-around binocular from archery elk to glassing deer over 1k
Before the NL 12x42, I’d never have thought a 12x would work for general hand-held use, but I genuinely think they can replace a 10x binocular.

That doesn’t mean they’re the best choice for everyone, but if you’re a 10x guy, then perhaps try the 12x NL and see how they go fit you. And if you’re an 8x guy, perhaps try the 10x NL as well.

And if you’re an 8x guy, perhaps try the 10x NL as well.
This is my exact experience. I've long favored 8x for my hunting for the FOV and steadiness to glass during brief breaks on move but I am loving the 10x NL's. You can get the experience of a lower magnification bino but with the larger picture of a higher power.

ihuntsolo

FNG
I was thinking that a lot of the folks selling those NL 10’s were just wanting to upgrade to the NL 12’s.

My 12’s finally came in recently and I was able to get some time in with them on a 3 day turkey hunt out in WTX a couple weeks ago.

I am beyond impressed. Everything I could have hoped for. I’d sold a pair of SLC 10x42 AND a pair of Meopta 15’s to fund the purchase, with the hope that it could replace both and cut weight for me.

My concerns were that 12’s might not be enough power to replace the 15’s; and they might be too shaky to handhold. While this hunt wasn’t a full test of the long range potential of the 12’s; I think I got enough time in to feel confident it won’t be a problem. I am happy to say that handholding the 12’s isn’t a problem at all thanks to the forehead rest. I’d say the 12’s with the forehead rest look/feel steadier to me than my 10’s did (without a forehead rest). Also, b/c the FOV is so impressive, short range work is just fine; I expected it might feel overpowered but it wasn’t a problem. I’m super happy with this purchase. The NL 12, kowa 77 & OD med tripod combo is going to be hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sorry what brand/model did you mean by "OD med tripod"?

Shraggs

WKR
another thing about selling these - economic times. Covid now the economy and inflation. Myself lost my job at covid and it’s been part time stuff. At a time when I’ve taken up long range hunting.

So I have had to sell some really good stuff to get new rifle, scope and rf bino. Etc.

I had: swaro 8x30 slc, 2nd gen cl companion, 12 el, ZEISS 8 fl, meopta 12 and 15. Not to mention many rifles too. Honestly this kinda sucks, but I’ll not roll over and still hunt and grow. In the end it’s a good check on absolute needs and at 60 getting to 4 rifles for my needs is a good thing, theyll get used more than a bunch of cousins.

Duplicates are easy to part with so slc gone meopta 12 gone the zeuss was very hard… but I strongly considered the 12 el cause of resale $ - but kept them. For now. If I had sprung for the pures sitting on my inventory I may have.

That said eventually I will end with a pure.

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
I think many people buy this because the resale value holds up. If the resale value drops like new cars dropping 5K right out of the dealership, this may not happen frequently.
Im possibly interested in your GPOs. But can’t respond to the classified ads yet cuz I haven’t been on in a long time.