Range Finder Archery and Rifle

jhurlbert

FNG
Looking into a Leupold range finder. They have treated me great on customer service always so i keep going back. i did have an issue on an existing Leupold range finder and they offered me to upgrade to some other models.
i want something versatile if there is such a thing to where if im crawling through grass and need to try and get a range on a goat through some grass, it has great target acquisition and angle compensation.....everything that i need for spot and stalk as well as stand hunting with bow. something that won't have a problem ranging through shoot through mesh on a ground blind. 80% will be bowhunting. However, it would be nice to have the versatility to be able to range a hill side or a critter at 600 700 yards......what ever may be in order to dope a scope and turn it loose.

the options i'm given are:

RX Full draw 3
RX full draw 4
RX 1600i
RX 2800 TBR/W

let me know what you all think.
Thanks
Jess

OP
J

jhurlbert

FNG
well in speaking to the leupold rep, evidently what I want does not exist.

the 2800 will calculate the ballistic solutions for rifle, but does not have bow mode. I was hoping to get one to do the angle compensation with the bow mode and still just get me a range out there a ways for rifle. still don't know all the tricks, nor do I use them that these things can do, but for what I was explaining that I wanted, the tech support sent me towards the 1600 for what is worth