Range finder pouch mod

Question guys... Hopefully an easy one. I want to add a few small magnets to my rangefinder pouch and remove the Velcro. Any idea on if it will mess with or mess up my rangefinder?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
I did it with a little kydex shelf and retractable leash. It attached where the shoulder and sternum strap met. No issues

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Here's the at thread from last year. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...hare_tid=5468599&share_fid=16462&share_type=t

The biggest issue was tiptoeing the line between magnets strong enough to hold it but not so much that it makes a big crack/slap noise when put back on.
That's why I added the kydex shelf (not pictured)

This year I've taken a new approach: rf, gun, wind checker and diaphragm holder separate from my pack; all easily accessible. So I can take my pack off and have everything I need. No magnets yet, just kydex.

This is not finished so don't judge on how sloppy is looks. Judge me on how much time I've wasted. I'm a tinkerer, I have a problem
beb6b1719e82567773b1163f32263eb4.jpg
c15730233067bbc41590398b25eb7ba1.jpg
7f90e2f49c9544c3c6967cde39a6d9c7.jpg

87TT

WKR
Might screw with your GPS. My magnetic bino pouch did so I ditched it.

Brendan

WKR
Magnets screw with compass readings, including those in your phone and GPS used for headings. I've had issues with the bearing on my phone changing by moving it closer / further from a bino harness that had a magnetic closure. It's a real pain in the A** if you forget to extend your arm away from your body and head off in the wrong direction.

OP
B
Thanks for the info. May need to find a different way to go

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Magnets screw with compass readings, including those in your phone and GPS used for headings. I've had issues with the bearing on my phone changing by moving it closer / further from a bino harness that had a magnetic closure. It's a real pain in the A** if you forget to extend your arm away from your body and head off in the wrong direction.
Haha definitely for a compass. It hasn't effected my Garmin or phone enough to notice. 15 yrs ago on a outdoor program I led 15 people waaay off course using a compass and map cause of my magnetic hydration mouthpiece holder.
Using GPS if you walk a few steps that will tell you what u need to know. Good heads up though

What rf? Been thinking about rigging up some kind of cover

I have the Bushnell Scout 100 ARC. I built a shelf in my large badlands bino case so my rangefinder actually sits right on top. It's a mod I did a few years ago and it works amazing. You can peel back just the first two magnets so you don't have to open it all the way to get to the rf. So my rf is right up next to the magnets with no prob. Good luck! -Jake

Attachments

• IMG_8007.JPG
    IMG_8007.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8008.JPG
    IMG_8008.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8009.JPG
    IMG_8009.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 30

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Bushnell Scout 100 ARC. I built a shelf in my large badlands bino case so my rangefinder actually sits right on top. It's a mod I did a few years ago and it works amazing. You can peel back just the first two magnets so you don't have to open it all the way to get to the rf. So my rf is right up next to the magnets with no prob. Good luck! -Jake
Ahh I see. For some reason I was thinking like a scope flip cover but magnetic