Range finder suggestions

So apparently my 13 year old twins have lost my range finder. Was a Nikon and I was happy with it. Now I’m in the market for one and was just looking for some recommendations. Not looking for bottom dollar but not too end either. Like to have 700-800 yd capabilities. Thanks for the help!

Titan_Bow

WKR
I recently upgraded my older Nikon to a Maven RF 1. To say I am happy with it is a huge understatement. This thing is freaking amazing. This weekend while antelope hunting, I was showing my buddy how well it ranges, shot a group of cottonwoods at 2500 yards no problem. It works great in conjunction with onX, range a distant hill side for example, then draw line that same distance in onX, and you got a waypoint for that bedded buck.
The thing is awesome, never have any issues getting a range as long as there is something there to target, no matter how far away it is. So far I have Maven binos and this rangefinder, and both have exceeded my expectations immensely. Any optic I need from here on out will most likely be Maven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robtattoo

WKR
I'll second the Sig. I have the lower 1800 & have no problem ranging trees & critters to 800. Houses to 1000 (ish) & an interstate sign at 1400 (ish) The "ishes" are purely because I don't remember.
It also does the angle compensation thing.

critrgitr

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up the maven earlier this fall and have been very impressed so far with it. Definitely worth a look if you don’t need or want full ballistic readout.

Really depends on what you want it to do. I had a SIG 2200 and have loved it. Just upgraded to SIG 2400abs as I wanted atmospheric info and Moa readings to infinity. I’d recommend any SIG.

Rimrocks

FNG
Another vote for Sig. My sons both have Leupolds and that is what I was looking at when I upgraded my older rangefinder. But I bought a Sig 1800BDX it is very fast, and love the display.

OP
F
Thanks for the replies! I definitely want angle compensation but don’t need ballistics and atmospheric stuff. Thank you for all your help and insight.

handwerk

WKR
My 1st vote with rangefinders is always Leica, if not in your budget there seem to be many happy Sig customers.
I'd give Doug at Cameraland a call and discuss your options.

When my 16 year old Leica craps out I will look at whats available but very likely buy a Leica. It has seen a lot of use and abuse. My hunting seasons have been from November thru April in hot, cool and cold conditions and it has never failed to range.
The rubberized case is showing its age but otherwise its jam up. One of the handful of hunting gear purchases I have made over three decades that I can say I am 100% satisfied with.
Of course now since I bragged on the Leica it will probably take a crap on me this year.

ZDR

WKR
GPO 1800 … great optics, ranges beyond its advertised max, works well on black targets…only con is the display has a black readout, not red like most of the Sigs.

I had a vortex ranger 1300 and it was replaced with an 1800 with warranty (twice). Both had issues when it got below 40 degrees out. Got a Leica 2700 and haven't looked back.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

AJRICH

FNG
Leica 2800.com has been great. I can range my longest steel target (24x32") at 1760 yards with no tripod. No comparison to sig kilo 2000 and 2200. Glass and ranging are superior and the laser actually lines up in the center of reticle.

bwp

Lil-Rokslider
I’m currently running a bushnell that works fine aside from being able to see the black digits when on a dark surface. I’ve been considering making the switch to Leica from the reading I’ve done