range finder with arc - which

B

bearguide

i have tried leica 1600, leupold xr 1000 tbr, and bushnell arc 1000. i want one that does arc for archery. i would really one that would do arc at all ranges. i like the leica the best for clarity and ranging ability, but no current arc ability. i hear they are going to put arc in the in the leicas. the leupolds only do arc out to 60 yds. so currently we are using the bushnell's. what do you guys use / is anything new coming / what do you hear

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I thought the 1600 had a built in angle compensator?? The New Vortex Ranger 1000 looks pretty nice.

dotman

WKR
Oh yeah my bushnell chuck adams edition has it. Worked great so far for me but seem to be tons that hate it.

Lawnboi

WKR
I hate my archers choice, my 5 year old nikon comes out more then that thing. I am waiting for the day that a company makes a high end range finder w/ angle compensation designed for the bowhunter in mind.

G Posik

WKR
I have a Bushnell Arc 1000 that I used when I shot compound bows. I only shoot TRAD now so it is of no use to me. It works well and for someone shooting pins. If someone needs one I could let this one go and make someone a good deal on it.

Glenn

J-Daddy

WKR
I'll say the one that nobody ever mentions....The Opti Logic Micro II.
I bought one last year and it's flat out the best rangefinder that I've used..I've had the Bushnells, the Nikons, looked at the Leupolds...For me the Opti Logic Micro II is heads and shoulders above them.
It's tiny, smallest rangefinder I've ever seen, Opti Logic are the pioneers of bringing angle compensation into hunting rangefinders so they know their stuff, it has a red led aiming point and red led yardage readout...I have honestly stepped outside of my house in the middle of the night and ranged my neighbors trees and thanks to the red led readout I could actually see the yardage.
No one ever mentions these rangefinders but I LOVE mine and I don't see me changing for many, many years.

OP
B

bearguide

optic logic xt series is the bow model. is that the one you are talking about ? / what do you hear about zeiss range finder binos

J-Daddy

WKR
optic logic xt series is the bow model. is that the one you are talking about ? / what do you hear about zeiss range finder binos
No I have the Opti Logic Micro II...It's the little bitty dude. I haven't messed with the XT Series.
All I do is bowhunt, no gun hunting for me at all...I used my MicroII last year out in Utah at Bowcast @ the Bird on the mountain course and those are some long, steep shots...Thing cut yardage and worked flawlessly for me. As long as I trusted the yardage it told me, set my sight and held on the spot I was money with that rangefinder. After using it for a year at that shoot, then antelope hunting and whitetail hunting here in Iowa I'd be hard pressed to ever buy another rangefinder from anyone else...I'm very impressed with my Opti Logic.