Range finder

ZackP

WKR
What kind of distances on trees/animals were you achieving with the monarch 3000, the black 4k, and sig 2000 kilo??? Is the monarch 3000 really what is advertised to be?

Can’t remember off the top of my head on actual 3000 distance. I do remember I didn’t push the 3000 as far as the Black 4K. I loved the stabilization feature of the Monarch though. It was incredible, and my brother in law still enjoys it to this day with no issues. The Sig wouldn’t read over 800, and that’s reflective.

I have never had luck with Sig, IMO their range finders belong in the garbage. I would still recommend the Razor 4000 over any of the above in every category, that is until I ordered a Leica 2700B from Doug. My only complaint with it is the food out eye cup. Other than that Leica or Razor, you will be better off, even on the warranty side.

watson439

FNG
Can’t remember off the top of my head on actual 3000 distance. I do remember I didn’t push the 3000 as far as the Black 4K. I loved the stabilization feature of the Monarch though. It was incredible, and my brother in law still enjoys it to this day with no issues. The Sig wouldn’t read over 800, and that’s reflective.

I have never had luck with Sig, IMO their range finders belong in the garbage. I would still recommend the Razor 4000 over any of the above in every category, that is until I ordered a Leica 2700B from Doug. My only complaint with it is the food out eye cup. Other than that Leica or Razor, you will be better off, even on the warranty side.
That's what I was afraid of. $500 is a big chunk for a range finder. I ended up finding a leupold RX 2800 for cheaper than the Vortex ranger 4000, so I bought it. I can't understand why the price of these things keep going up. Late 2019 I was in the market for one and got caught up with some other things and let it fall by the wayside. When I started checking prices on the Rangerfinders again this year I fell out of my chair... WTH?!? Rangefinders that were once $300 are $400-450. Blows my mind. I had my eye on the Vortex ranger 1800 and a leupold 1600. But they are SO EXPENSIVE now. I literally got the leupold at a steal for cheaper than the leupold 1600. If it wasn't for that. I'd be inclinded to save a little extra, skip a few meals and just get the Ranger 4000. And there aren't many reviews out there which actually tests the real world ranges on these. A lot of people use them for PRS or target shooting, I'm using mine for hunting in the western part of the US. Plan on ranging animals, not targets, at long distances. Not to shoot, but to determine my stalking distance. Thanks for the reply!

ZackP

WKR
That's what I was afraid of. $500 is a big chunk for a range finder. I ended up finding a leupold RX 2800 for cheaper than the Vortex ranger 4000, so I bought it. I can't understand why the price of these things keep going up. Late 2019 I was in the market for one and got caught up with some other things and let it fall by the wayside. When I started checking prices on the Rangerfinders again this year I fell out of my chair... WTH?!? Rangefinders that were once $300 are $400-450. Blows my mind. I had my eye on the Vortex ranger 1800 and a leupold 1600. But they are SO EXPENSIVE now. I literally got the leupold at a steal for cheaper than the leupold 1600. If it wasn't for that. I'd be inclinded to save a little extra, skip a few meals and just get the Ranger 4000. And there aren't many reviews out there which actually tests the real world ranges on these. A lot of people use them for PRS or target shooting, I'm using mine for hunting in the western part of the US. Plan on ranging animals, not targets, at long distances. Not to shoot, but to determine my stalking distance. Thanks for the reply!
For sure! My main hunting terrain is desert, which apparently is pretty tough country to range animals in. If they don’t perform in the first day of scouting they’re on the road!