Range finder

Fulker250

FNG
Looking for a new range finder and would appreciate some recommendations. I’m not too worried about cost, just would like something quality that I know will stand up to the rest of time. Please let me know.

thank you

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Leica CRF-2700B and you'll be happy
  • Equivalent horizontal range (EHR) up to a distance of 1100 meters/1200 yards
  • The holdover value, or the number of clicks to set on the riflescope
  • Integrated inclinometer and air pressure and temperature sensor
  • Integrated microSD memory card slot for a choice of three different ballistic applications and an output of the results in the format relevant to their needs
  • Fast scan mode that records the environment and targets every 0.5 seconds

TravKatQ

WKR
Looking for a new range finder and would appreciate some recommendations. I’m not too worried about cost, just would like something quality that I know will stand up to the rest of time. Please let me know.

thank you

I have a like new sig sauer kilo 2400abs for sell in the optics classifieds at a great deal. It’s probably one of the best rangefinders on the market right now with a onboard ballistic solution calculator. Take a look and let me know if you have any questions. -Travis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimss

WKR
I would seriously look at Leica bino/rangefinder combo. You won't have to deal with hauling both binos plus rangefinder around and it's a lot quicker when getting ready for a shot! My Leicas have a rangefinder for out past 1,000 yards plus has ballistics program in it for whatever rifle you are using. Click on the button and it tells you the range and where to aim for your particular rifle caliber, bullet, etc!

IMO, bino/rangefinder combo is the way to go. You can get into the Vortex Fury HD’s for around $1k if you look hard enough.

How far are you wanting to range? Do you shoot long range? Or you in the less than 600yd camp? The main thing to look at is the beam divergence if you plan to reliably range deer/elk size game at 600 plus yards. I have a Vectronix Terrapin (the original, not the new X). It has been amazing for the last 6-7 years.

freebird

WKR
I really love my Sig 2400 ABS, its a set it and forget it tool. I range something and it tells me how much to dial up for.

Jmeyers08

FNG
Have a sig kilo2000 Cabela's model. Its optics are pretty awesome for a $200 rangefinder. Previously had a Leupold and the sig is hands down brighter, and optically better overall

Thor45

FNG

thank you
Nikon Black, really quick target acquisition and range response, easy to range at distance. Pretty reasonably priced as well.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Leica Rangemaster CRF 2700-B
  • Equivalent horizontal range (EHR) up to a distance of 1100 meters/1200 yards
  • The holdover value, or the number of clicks to set on the riflescope
  • Integrated inclinometer and air pressure and temperature sensor
  • Integrated microSD memory card slot for a choice of three different ballistic applications and an output of the results in the format relevant to their needs
  • Fast scan mode that records the environment and targets every 0.5 seconds

ZackP

WKR
I’ve personally never ran a range finder over $500, but that’s my personal budget on them.
I’ve ran the

Vortex Razor 4000
Nikon Monarch Stabilized 3000
Nikon Black 4k
Sig 2000

I would rank them exactly as I have them listed. Taking glass, accuracy, consistency, and time into consideration.

watson439

FNG
I’ve personally never ran a range finder over $500, but that’s my personal budget on them.
I’ve ran the

Vortex Razor 4000
Nikon Monarch Stabilized 3000
Nikon Black 4k
Sig 2000

I would rank them exactly as I have them listed. Taking glass, accuracy, consistency, and time into consideration.
What kind of distances on trees/animals were you achieving with the monarch 3000, the black 4k, and sig 2000 kilo??? Is the monarch 3000 really what is advertised to be?