Range finder

weaver

WKR
Of the ones I've tried I like leica best which I currently use. Leupold is a close second and vortex the worst.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

My gen 1 vortex was good until it started getting a little picky. They sent a new one within a week. Super good service but I did and upgrade to a SIG Kilo 2000 I got on sale. It is another level of performance but in fairness, also price.

68Plexi

WKR
I recently upgraded from a Nikon to the Sig Kilo 1600. It’s the least expensive in the Sig line to have the red illuminated display and retails for $250. You may find it on sale cheaper than that. I was looking at comparable Vortex models 1000, 1300 but their glass was blurry past 200 yards to my eyes.

Really happy with the Sig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sig kilo 2200 is what I use and love it. I had one that wasn’t ranging past 700 very consistently and sig swapped it out no questions asked and the new one reads much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dschwan

WKR
sold my vortex impact 850 for a Sig. Main reason was for the need to have a reticle that was visible in low light. The sig ranges a lot faster that the vortex.

Depends if its archery or Long range shooting.
Archery its the Leupold for me. Small and fits well in my bino harness set up. I also have the Leica and it is nice with an illuminated retical and data. But note to OP, these 2 are off a yard at 20 yards from one another. I use the Luepy for bow hunting and the Leica for shorter range rifle hunts out to 500-600 yards

Mt Al

WKR
Leica CRF for years and years. Archery, rifle. Mine's just yards, no ballistic stuff, I just don't shoot that far. Love it but don't have anything to compare it to - because it keeps on working.

OP
flatlander51
I have a Leupold I been using for years for hunting For years but I’m just now getting into long range shooting in preparation for an upcoming hunt so I’d say 300-800 would be my max range. Just looking for something reliable in the moment!

After a few months of going through descriptions, viewing different models in shops, local hunters letting me use their, I went with the Vortex Razor 4000.
Pretty much came down to warranty because I break almost everything. Most warranties dont cover my clumsy butt.
Clarity is equal to pretty much everything Ive had my hands on: Sig, Nikon, Leica, Bushnell, Leupold, Athlon and many others.
The reticle is very clean and simple to use.
Time from power on to range is about 2 seconds. Negated all the BS about how long it takes to range that I keep reading. If you press the power button as you raise it to your face and range the second you see the target the time is about 1 second. Yet, people still say they are slow. Whatever. Guess I dont measure milliseconds...

I was reluctant to get this because frankly, I dont like Vortex. I think they are mediocre all the way through the Razor line of their scopes. Overrated and overpriced in my opinion. ( cue the warranty is great cus your gonna need it guys)