Range finder

caesAR15

Lil-Rokslider
Checkout the Sig Kilo series, particularly the BDX line. The BDX has the ability to load ballistic data custom to your load (fps) and calculate your holdover / ballistic solution (dialing) for you and display it right in the rangefinder. Very handy if you're a gun guy.

If you're a bow guy it also has the angular measures vs line of sight measurement capability as well.

I picked up the 1600BDX from Brownells and have been really pleased with it. It goes out the ranges I need and has an illuminated reticle - hard to over state the value of this unless you've tried ranging something in low light with a black reticle or readout!

They have higher priced units, but the 1600BDX checked all of my boxes. Would recommend.

Brownells - Sig Kilo 1600BDX $299

jrnd

Lil-Rokslider
I got the vortex mainly because of the warranty and it hasn't failed me yet

Pk_in_Dallas

Lil-Rokslider
I have a owned Leica, Nikon, and now the Gunwerks Br2500 and by far the Gunwerks is the best if you are a rifle hunter. It’s the only rangefinder that has a ballistics solution and weather variables all within it. It will consistently ranges out to what most would consider ethical shooting distances. It’s is expensive though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobclem11

FNG
I run a Leupold 1600i TBR, with their Military program I think it’s a great cost to quality ratio and does everything I need it to do.

Mahiman

FNG
I know they are now out of date but I like my Con-X. They are the size of binoculars but I am more stable with two hands.

I'm in the same predicament on upgrading. I have a leupold RX Fulldraw which has worked great for archery but barely ranges past 350/400 yards for rifle. This time around I'm going with something that has a red led display. Looking at vortex razor, sig kilo, or leica rangemaster.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Pathfinder27

Lil-Rokslider
I went for the Bushnell 1000 arc due to immediate availability, it’s served me somewhat well as I’m using it for archery practice. However, in the field I could see it having some issues getting accurate numbers. With this unit when I get to about 75 yards the target I use is smaller than the reticle and it causes some problems getting accurate numbers.

I also have a Bushnell ARC 1000. I’ve had it since 2009 or 2010, don’t remember exactly but I just bought my second battery for it. The first battery still works fine but I’m going to Alaska in September and I’d hate for it to be a dead battery that jeopardizes my hunt. I’ve never had any concerns with accuracy or anything like that with it.

TravisIN

WKR
I’ve heard the Leica 1600 is slow? Any truth to that. My vortex ranger 1000 was slow and super annoying. I have a ranger 1500 and it’s good. Been considering a Leica but have seen this and caused some hesitation