Range finders - what’s everyone using

What is everyone using these days for a range finder in the sub 1k price range. Realistic steel use will be 1200 and in, also wanting to use for hunting. Finally killed my old leica and my leupold i use for hunting has dead pixels and they are both out of warranty so might as well kill two birds with one stone.

TheHardWay

Lil-Rokslider
I like my EL Range binos simply for the fact that they are two things in one, so one less thing to pack/lose. But you mentioned sub-$1k. I have used one of the Vortex Rangers (1500 model) and for the money, was pretty impressed. I see they offer a Copperhead model now claiming 1500yds on reflective targets. Might be worth checking out.

skierhs

WKR
I have the Leica 2400-r. I’m looking at testing out the sig BDX 2400 or thier new ranging bino. The connectivity to other eltronics is the only reason I’m looking at new things.

tdhanses

WKR
Cameralandny seems to have demo Leica HD-R binos often that they sell for around $1000, that would be a great value and what I’d pick over the other RF binos for around that price point. The HD-R does not have the ballistic data like the HD-B but a phone app would help there.

If you just want a rangefinder I really liked the Sig2000 I had but at your budget point would go with a Leica unit.

K

Kootenay Hunter

Leupold 1200i tbr dna. Love it. Great for both archery and rifle.

mt100gr.

WKR
I have been using a Leica 1600b for both archery and rifle but am planning to get into a Sig in the next few months. There will be a deal on the Leica in the classifieds at some point.

I’ve been using 1600b for several years. Does everything I need it to do, I have ranged to 1900 yards with it. What will a different or newer one do that this won’t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mt100gr.

WKR
I’ve been using 1600b for several years. Does everything I need it to do, I have ranged to 1900 yards with it. What will a different or newer one do that this won’t?

The 1600b does everything I need it to as a rangefinder. I want a 2400 ABS to eliminate the back and forth between solver and rangefinder.

The 1600b does everything I need it to as a rangefinder. I want a 2400 ABS to eliminate the back and forth between solver and rangefinder.

^this. I want a rangefinder so I can get a shooting solution. All the better when you get a solution right away from your rangefinder.

freebird

WKR
Sig 2400 ABS. Haven't used it enough to know how well I like it yet. Was a toss up between that and the gunworks 2500. If you have an iPhone 7+ and newer, there is no headphone jack to use the windmeter. Not sure about samsung phones.

OP
taggart_lumpy

not be broken?

gs98

FNG
Seems like you can find kilo 2400ABS now and then used in the classifieds for around 1k.
Im interested in the new Leica 2800.com with it able to connect to my kestrel.
I hear from some really experienced shooters that even though it doesn’t have all the features as other rangefinders the Nikon 4K is a great rangefinder for the price also.

stevevan

WKR
Pre
Seems like you can find kilo 2400ABS now and then used in the classifieds for around 1k.
Im interested in the new Leica 2800.com with it able to connect to my kestrel.
I hear from some really experienced shooters that even though it doesn’t have all the features as other rangefinders the Nikon 4K is a great rangefinder for the price also.
Presently using the Sig MR2200 which is great. However, I'm waiting to see some reviews on the new Sig RF Binos and the new Leupold RF binos as I like the idea of having a 2 in 1 unit.

Pre

Presently using the Sig MR2200 which is great. However, I'm waiting to see some reviews on the new Sig RF Binos and the new Leupold RF binos as I like the idea of having a 2 in 1 unit.

FYI Sig RF binos do not have atmospherics built in for ballistic solutions but i believe you can sync them to a kestrel.

Sig 2200 for me. I've had problems in cold weather like others, but pulling out and putting the battery back in seems to make it work so far.