Range finders

JonathanT

FNG
From looking at their site, I believe Sig only offers a 5 yr. warranty on the electronics of their RF's. They guarantee the optics for life, but that's not where failures seem to occur in RF's. Still, 5 yrs. is pretty good compared to say, Leupold, with only a 2 yr. warranty. I don't understand why an historically solid company like Leupold doesn't fix their LED problem. I have eliminated them from my consideration based on the abundance of online reports of LED failure. I'm looking pretty hard at the Sig you got - if only I'd caught that sale at SW earlier in the year!

AM.
I highly recommend the Leica 1600 R

tomatz

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Leica 1600B, scooped it up on longrangehunting classified for a great price. I like it a lot.

From looking at their site, I believe Sig only offers a 5 yr. warranty on the electronics of their RF's. They guarantee the optics for life, but that's not where failures seem to occur in RF's. Still, 5 yrs. is pretty good compared to say, Leupold, with only a 2 yr. warranty. I don't understand why an historically solid company like Leupold doesn't fix their LED problem. I have eliminated them from my consideration based on the abundance of online reports of LED failure. I'm looking pretty hard at the Sig you got - if only I'd caught that sale at SW earlier in the year!

AM.
I snagged one during that sale - been super impressed so far! Love the app that makes it easy ti sync up custom ballistic profiles. Its sweet. It stops displaying your moa adjustments after 800 yards, but I can live with that.