Range rod for muzzleloader

I have a TC encore 50 cal and dad has a Knight 50 cal. I’m looking for a range rod for loading and cleaning them both. Wonder if a larger rod from dewy rubber coated or Tipton carbon would work. Shooting Hornady 250gr SST, 100gr volume blackhorn, and cci mag shotgun primers. Having good luck with this round on medium size game. Wanting to work on extending the range and also working up a elk round for it. This is the reason for a dedicated range rod as the factory tc one is okay for the field, but sucks on the range.

This is what I use for cleaning. But I would advise loading with the rod your going to use in the field.
That way the feel is the same and you will have more consistent results.

Michael54

WKR
Maybe just get a t handle to thread on your current rod? Also saw cva has a palm saver rod that looks comfortable

OP
Corey Paulsen (teamkabob)
Range Rod no problem! This is the best ram rod I have ever had.... They (range rods are really valuable tools - especially this one)

This a completely universal range rod set up!!

View attachment 130988

Follow this link.

You might want to pick one of these jags also...

View attachment 130989
This is exactly what I’m looking for!

OP
Maybe just get a t handle to thread on your current rod? Also saw cva has a palm saver rod that looks comfortable
I have a t handle, but I always put the rod back in the gun when shooting at the range. So you have to break it back down. Use a glove in the field to load with the TC rod.

OP

This is what I use for cleaning. But I would advise loading with the rod your going to use in the field.
That way the feel is the same and you will have more consistent results.
Should be good with accuracy if seated to the same depth. I’ve used the Knight rod in my TC and didn’t find a change in impact

Macegl

Lil-Rokslider
X3 on the lehigh. I think the knight range rod was made by lehigh. If not it was very, very similar.

I especially like the crown protector.

keepriding

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a 31-inch CVA lifetime brass range rod with an aluminum handle from Midway USA that breaks down into 3 pieces, which is much easier to haul to the range. I use is for my .50-cal. T/C Renegade. I have a 45-inch steel range rod with a wood handle that I keep on my work bench from Track of the Wolf. I use it mainly on my 1853 Pattern 3-band .58-cal. British Enfield. Both are excellent. I use the brass one the most, since I can carry it around with me anywhere, and it is just really solid. Both are 10-32 threaded for jags, ball pullers, etc., but I think you can get 8-32 as well.

I shoot alot,my range rod is stainless steel, drilled out to fit my jags with a brass bore guide on it and a old timey door knob set screwed and epoxy on,I have two,one shorty for pistols and one that will fit a 42"barrel smoothbore,I believe its 5/16"in diameter

tommynealy

Lil-Rokslider
Great info in this post. Exactly what I needed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk