Rangefinder/bino combo or binos

I have a old pair of Bausch and Lomb discover binos and a Gunwerks rangefinder that I use for gun and bow hunting. I love the gunwerks rangefinder but I am thinking about getting a new pair of binos. Should I get a bino/rangfinder combo or just upgrade my binos?

OP
Y
Upgrade your binos. You'll se a world of difference!

Call Doug@ Cameraland. He is a great source of info.
I did do that and he said I should get the Swaro SLC. That was the binos I was thinking about getting. I am just wondering if I should spend the money on binos or save more money and get the combo. I like having my rangfinder with my exact rifle ballistic corrections but it would be nice with one less thing to worry about. I'm not sure the rangfinder/bino rangefinder technology is the greatest yet.

I have tried combos and went back to separate units. When I am archery hunting elk, I usually just roll with a spotter and a rangefinder. Binos don’t make the trip. I like how I can throw my rangefinder to a buddy or slip it in my pocket when we go to the mountains target shooting or whatever. If my rangefinder craps out in a less than convenient moment, I am not losing my binos as well when I send them in for repair.

bpurtz

WKR
I did do that and he said I should get the Swaro SLC. That was the binos I was thinking about getting. I am just wondering if I should spend the money on binos or save more money and get the combo. I like having my rangfinder with my exact rifle ballistic corrections but it would be nice with one less thing to worry about. I'm not sure the rangfinder/bino rangefinder technology is the greatest yet.

Leica Geovid 10x42 HD-B 3000 works great for ballistic drop results out to 1000 yards. My buddy carries the Zeiss Victory RF - pretty similar system, though with the Zeiss you can have multiple custom ballistic drops.

For bowhunting, I prefer separate compact binoculars and a compact rangefinder.

elkguide

WKR
While having two units is a little bit more cumbersome, I like dedicated units that do their job. Swaro fanboy here and I find the 10X42's with a separate Range finder to work the best for me for archery, rifle and muzzleloader hunts.

morgaj1

WKR
I have a pair of Leica Geovid HD-R’s and used separate binos/rangefinder previously. I think you have to weigh out the pros/cons. To me, the extra weight of the Geovid is worth the convenience/quickness of determining range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk