Rangefinder binoculars combo

jaredgreen

Lil-Rokslider
I have both, and for bow hunting, I prefer separate. It's not just retrieving them one handed, it's holding them steady and getting a good reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
I don't see the issue of having separate bino and rangefinder? It isn't difficult to use separate units. Also unless I can get the speed out of a combo unit like the Sig provides I'm not interested.

OP
B
My thought in having both in the bino unit is it would make more room in my chest rig and also I've lost 2 different rangefinders in the last couple years while hunting, so thinking if it's built into the bino, less chance of it falling out while crawling around hunting. I've since tied everything off with lanyards though so shouldn't have to worry about that anymore.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
My thought in having both in the bino unit is it would make more room in my chest rig and also I've lost 2 different rangefinders in the last couple years while hunting, so thinking if it's built into the bino, less chance of it falling out while crawling around hunting. I've since tied everything off with lanyards though so shouldn't have to worry about that anymore.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Lanyard is key to keeping any rangefinder. I keep mine in the factory case and just run the lower bino harness strap through it, this way it frees up space in the bino pack and has its own protection. It takes a second to remove and replace but if it ever fell out I keep a lanyard attached to the actual RF and bino pack, never lost one doing this.

Beendare

WKR
Heres a contrary opinion;
I ran the Leica Geo's for about 6-7 seasons and prefer a separate RF due to weight and versatility.

Example;
I don't want that heavy bino while stalking a muley...just taking the small RF.
And I like swapping between 8x and 10x [sometimes even 15x]

If you go the integrated route, check warranty....Leica's is only 5 yrs on the RF.....FWIW, the Geos were an excellent piece of glass and the RF was flawless.

WRO

WKR
Heres a contrary opinion;
I ran the Leica Geo's for about 6-7 seasons and prefer a separate RF due to weight and versatility.

Example;
I don't want that heavy bino while stalking a muley...just taking the small RF.
And I like swapping between 8x and 10x [sometimes even 15x]

If you go the integrated route, check warranty....Leica's is only 5 yrs on the RF.....FWIW, the Geos were an excellent piece of glass and the RF was flawless.
+1

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Whisky

WKR
For rifle hunting....combo wins.

For bow hunting. separate units win.

Tried a combo thinking it would be the cats ass, and hated it for bow hunting.