Rangefinder Binos

ColoMtn

FNG
I have the vortex fury’s and have used the nikons, liecas, and swaros. I found that I love my vortex’s but wish the rangefinder was as good as the nikons. I also like them both more that the Leica or swaros. If you have any questions on them let me know.

El_fuego

FNG
i too have the fury's. The glass is amazing as is most of vortex glass. I am slightly disappointed with the range finder. I do find that sometimes is slower at ranging then I'd expect. What have you noticed.

WRO

WKR
Are you blind?

I've looked through most of them and used a bunch of them in the field. My favorite so far is the new zeiss, Swarovski right behind it, then the r model leica.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
C

ColoMtn

FNG
i too have the fury's. The glass is amazing as is most of vortex glass. I am slightly disappointed with the range finder. I do find that sometimes is slower at ranging then I'd expect. What have you noticed.

I have been a little disappointed in the rangefinder too. It doesn’t range nearly as far as is claimed in most conditions and it is a bit slow.

Last edited:
OP
C

ColoMtn

FNG
Are you blind?

I've looked through most of them and used a bunch of fthem in the field. My favorite so far is the new zeiss, Swarovski right behind it, then the r model leica.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nope not at all... I see quite well thank you.

WRO

WKR
The glass is very clear. For the price point they are very appropriate.

Clear compared to what? The bottom of 2 pint glasses.. The ones i have looked though have horrible edge to edge clarity, poor light transmission, pretty yellow tint, and piss poor resolution. They're not even as good as set of diamonbacks optically IMHO. Same goes for the Nikon version. For like 200.00's more you can get the Geovid R which is superior in every way except for maybe warranty.

Akicita

WKR
Hunting I typically range using my optic reticle but I do have a pair of Steiner M830r that are excellent optics and very high quality laser. I use them a lot on the range when working DOPE. It even connects to my Kestrel with Bluetooth.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Clear compared to what? The bottom of 2 pint glasses.. The ones i have looked though have horrible edge to edge clarity, poor light transmission, pretty yellow tint, and piss poor resolution. They're not even as good as set of diamonbacks optically IMHO. Same goes for the Nikon version. For like 200.00's more you can get the Geovid R which is superior in every way except for maybe warranty.

As far as the Nikon’s go, we have done multiple blind tests (can’t see the binos, taped over) with the users all thinking they were using Leica’s, Swaros, etc., and the Laserforce’s have done well side by side. Yes, there is a glass difference when compared directly to each other, however they have been rated pretty dang close to the original Geovids by users.

For me it came down to this for most uses with bino LRF’s-

Someone else’s dime- I’ll take Swaro or Leica.

My dime- I’ll take the Laserforce.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
As far as the Nikon’s go, we have done multiple blind tests (can’t see the binos, taped over) with the users all thinking they were using Leica’s, Swaros, etc., and the Laserforce’s have done well side by side. Yes, there is a glass difference when compared directly to each other, however they have been rated pretty dang close to the original Geovids by users.

For me it came down to this for most uses with bino LRF’s-

Someone else’s dime- I’ll take Swaro or Leica.

My dime- I’ll take the Laserforce.

The pair of Laserforce we tested seemed to have two different coding on each barrel. The laser side almost had some blur. Over time it gave me some eyestrain issues. Did you notice this in your testing or did we get a bad pair?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Ryan,

They do have different coatings on each barrel. The right one with the laser, has a slight blue tint, the left barrel is neutral. We have two, and neither has shown any blurriness to either barrel.

I do want to be clear- the Alphas are better. But we use and have used all of them, and they all have had problems at some point. The Laserforce brings acceptable glass with a very good rangefinder and a lifetime warrenty.

colersu22

WKR
Between the vortex and Nikons which one do you guys prefer so straight glassing? With what Ryan said about the eye strain did anyone else notice it or have that issue?

I have been looking at both and was going to throw the new sig in the mix.

For reference I have been using the vortex viper hd’s For the past 3 seasons and to my eyes I have never had an issue with them but have never used any of the high end glass out in the field.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I should not have said blur. To my eyes, the difference is very notable and affects my eye after using them for awhile.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Between the vortex and Nikons which one do you guys prefer so straight glassing? With what Ryan said about the eye strain did anyone else notice it or have that issue?

The Nikons have had better glass than the Vortex’s from what we’ve seen.

I should not have said blur. To my eyes, the difference is very notable and affects my eye after using them for awhile.

Got you. This may be an issue for some users. No one has noticed it that I’ve seen except when pointing it out. Probably has to do with accommodation, but I’m not an eye doc. 🤓

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
Be interesting to

I have been looking at both and was going to throw the new sig in the mix.

For reference I have been using the vortex viper hd’s For the past 3 seasons and to my eyes I have never had an issue with them but have never used any of the high end glass out in the field.

It would be interesting to see a comparison of the Vortex, the Meopta Meorange, new Sig BDX and the Nikon.

tdhanses

WKR
Be interesting to

It would be interesting to see a comparison of the Vortex, the Meopta Meorange, new Sig BDX and the Nikon.

Athlon just released one as well, I was hoping to get to check it out today but they didn’t have one on hand.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Be interesting to

The Meopta MeoRange’s glass is side by side with Leica and Swarovski’s best. It’s a class above the Vortex or Nikon.