Rangefinder Binos

WRO

WKR
The Japanese make damn nice camera lenses....
They do, but to my limited knowledge the only one who uses their camera glass in binos is nikon in their hgs and eds and kowa in the prominar.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

carter33

WKR
The Meopta MeoRange’s glass is side by side with Leica and Swarovski’s best. It’s a class above the Vortex or Nikon.

Couldn’t help but notice the new leupold RBX3000 looks an awful lot like the meopta meorange. Anyone know details of that? Same glass maybe? Heard rumors they may have been sourced outside the company. If so they may be a solid option especially for people able to get a discount.

WRO

WKR
Couldn’t help but notice the new leupold RBX3000 looks an awful lot like the meopta meorange. Anyone know details of that? Same glass maybe? Heard rumors they may have been sourced outside the company. If so they may be a solid option especially for people able to get a discount.
Leupold has been outsourcing almost all of their sport optics to OEM manufacturers. From the people I've spoke to they're rebranded meoptas. I surmise meopta was waiting for a trademark to expire..

stevevan

WKR
Leupold has been outsourcing almost all of their sport optics to OEM manufacturers. From the people I've spoke to they're rebranded meoptas. I surmise meopta was waiting for a trademark to expire..

I tried most/ or looked through most of the brands mentioned. Ended up with a used pair of the Zeiss 8x45 at a great price and I think they are great.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I spoke to someone at Meopta who told me the new Leupold are made by Meopta but aren’t just rebranded. The housing is magnesium for leupold and they have independent adjustments for each barrel not just one diopter adjustment. Also, it uses the Leupold TBR rangefinding system and is good to 3,000 yards.

There is some patent issue on the rangefinder tech in the Meopta that prohibits Meopta from selling the meorange in the US. So, this collaboration with Leupold allows both companies to sell a high quality version here.

It will be interesting to see how it stacks up to the other offerings once on the market.

carter33

WKR
As long as leupold offers the VIP deal discount on the new RF binos I think I will pull the trigger and purchase a set. Concerned they may not offer the discount though as they are outsourced. Sounds like they have good glass, a good RF and I like the wind hold feature. However at $3000 they are in competition with the big 3 European brands and if I were to be spending that much I would certainly shell out a few extra hundred to get whatever set I thought was the absolute best.

WRO

WKR
As long as leupold offers the VIP deal discount on the new RF binos I think I will pull the trigger and purchase a set. Concerned they may not offer the discount though as they are outsourced. Sounds like they have good glass, a good RF and I like the wind hold feature. However at $3000 they are in competition with the big 3 European brands and if I were to be spending that much I would certainly shell out a few extra hundred to get whatever set I thought was the absolute best.
I haven't seen all the features so take that into account, but I'd buy the new Zeiss personally over any of the other offerings.

rcook10

WKR
Can anyone elaborate on the accuracy of the fury? I understand may of you say that they are slow but are they accurate still?

gjk5

FNG
I am trying to decide between the Fury, SigBDX, Nikon Laserforce and Athlon LRF binos myself right now. They are almost the same street price, I'd be really interested to hear how they compare to one another.