Rangefinder choices

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a range finder purchase, and wanted to get some opinions between these two models.

The Sig Kilo 1600 vs The Leupold RX-1600i TBR.

The Sig Kilo 1600 is $243.89 on optics planet.
The Leopold RX-1600i is listed on eBay (new) for $289.29 and on Amazon for $334.99.

These are fairly new models, with the Sig 1600 being the newest release. They seem similar in specifications, are there any major differences between the two?
Member "DLive85" mentioned the deal that Optics Planet was running on the Sig1600, so I wanted to get some opinions before I pulled the trigger.

Also, if I opt for the Leupold is there anything to be concerned about if I chose the eBay listed on? It's quite a bit cheaper than the listing on Amazon. Perhaps there is a reason for the difference in pricing that I'm not seeing.

Thank you for your help and opinions.

I am aware of the Vortex Ranger 1800. It's on Optics Planet for $349. From reading reviews it seems that the major selling point in favor of the Vortex rangefinders has been (1.) Low price and (2.) Great warranty.
It looks like their current models have moved up from the 'low price' business model.

The features I want are:
1.) Angle compensation
2.) Red LED display
3.) Less than $300.

The Sig Kilo 1600 and the Leupold RX-1600i both check these boxes.
Unless the Vortex Ranger 1800 has a set of features that sets it apart, I don't see the point in spending more than the prices listed above for the Sig or Leupold.

Please let me know if there is something I am missing in the specifications.

I appreciate it.
Mitch

clint6760

FNG
Midway has the Leupold rx-1600 for sale in camo for $260. Cheaper than anywhere I could find. Bought one last week.

RAPTOR

WKR
Nikon monarch 3000 stabilized is the best I've ever used. Stabilization isn't a big deal until you see it in action. $320 amazon.

rebelblue

FNG
Last Friday I picked up a Sig Kilo 1800 new in box on Ebay for $259. Cheapest I've ever seen it by a damn sight. It arrived a couple days ago and I dig it. A lot.

As far as Sig is concerned, there's no issue where it came from. 5 year no-fault, no-questions-asked warranty is honored on their electronics from date of manufacture.

I posted on here last week about this same issue, but mentioned the Leupold 1200 rather than the 1600. I also talked about the Vortex Ranger line and the Nikon 3000 Stabilized. A few chimed in with pretty major issues regarding the Leupold and Vortex rangefinders, which made me feel super confident about leaning into all the love I've seen directed at Sig.

I will say that if I'd heard/seen that stabilized Nikon was $320 somewhere I'd have wavered a bit more. However, I also really needed this piece of gear to come in under $300, and $259 is far enough below that I've got zero buyer's remorse.

IMO, you have two choices: Sig or Nikon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DLive85

FNG
My kilo1600 came in the mail a couple days ago. I've tested here around the house,and really like it thus far. Farthest I've ranged was around 300 yards,and it was super fast,no lag. Oled display is awesome. Also like the scan feature where you hold the range button and it gives you continuous readings. Think its going to work out awesome this hunting season. I primarily hunt south/central AL,so having that oled display is key in those low light situations when deer seem to be very active.

Randonee

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Leupold Rex-1600i. I have used it for a few hunts, both bow and rifle. I’m very happy with it’s reliability and clear readout. My only issue with it is when it set to supply a wind hold, the yardage/distance is only displayed briefly; at lest too brief for me.