Rangefinder Decision

Ac338

WKR
So I lost my rangefinder hunting somehow and I’ve narrowed my replacement down to two options but need a few real life results and opinions. I’ve narrowed down my search and I’m either going Maven RF1 or Vortex Razor HD 4000. This will be used mostly for archery hunting but will also be used for target shooting and a few rifle hunts. For those who have had the ability to use both which rangefinder comes out and top?

OutdoorAg

WKR
I dont have either, but if those are the 2 I'm picking from....Vortex and that warranty every time.

bigmooi

FNG
I would say the Vortex if you care about warranty for the long term...I have never touched a pair of Maven's, but as a few other threads most other companies have a term limit on electronics...

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

OP
A

Ac338

WKR
I would say the Vortex if you care about warranty for the long term...I have never touched a pair of Maven's, but as a few other threads most other companies have a term limit on electronics...

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
Maven also has a lifetime warranty on both the physical unit and the electronics however I don’t personally have any info on how easy the Maven warranty process is.

Both have lifetime warranty on electronics as well. I have used both and actually like them both. The 7X is really nice for ranging. I think the Maven glass is a tad brighter and I like the different reticle options on the Maven. The wheel is surprisingly intuitive. It was a little hard getting used to the forest and field mode for me. I like being able to scan and have the yardage back and forth. The Maven doesn’t have this so I would suggest reading about their field and forest mode as they are unique and actually pretty cool.

The razor does scan up and back. It’s not a bad thing for the Maven just something I was used to with all the other rangefinders I’ve used. I ranged with both easily over 2500 yards. They are both a little larger than say the Leupold RX series or Sig Kilos. If the Sigs had lifetime on electronics I would probably look more at those but I’ve had too many rangefinders fail on me.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either but for me I would go Maven or the one I can get best deal on.

OP
A

Ac338

WKR
Both have lifetime warranty on electronics as well. I have used both and actually like them both. The 7X is really nice for ranging. I think the Maven glass is a tad brighter and I like the different reticle options on the Maven. The wheel is surprisingly intuitive. It was a little hard getting used to the forest and field mode for me. I like being able to scan and have the yardage back and forth. The Maven doesn’t have this so I would suggest reading about their field and forest mode as they are unique and actually pretty cool.

The razor does scan up and back. It’s not a bad thing for the Maven just something I was used to with all the other rangefinders I’ve used. I ranged with both easily over 2500 yards. They are both a little larger than say the Leupold RX series or Sig Kilos. If the Sigs had lifetime on electronics I would probably look more at those but I’ve had too many rangefinders fail on me.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either but for me I would go Maven or the one I can get best deal on.
Thank you good info here. So Maven states it has a scan mode. Is it different from the Vortex as in it won’t keep giving you multiple different yardages while in scan mode? Also you stated that you like the wheel on the Maven. Do you ever find that it gets in the way or is easy to accidentally change settings while using? Thanks

Thank you good info here. So Maven states it has a scan mode. Is it different from the Vortex as in it won’t keep giving you multiple different yardages while in scan mode? Also you stated that you like the wheel on the Maven. Do you ever find that it gets in the way or is easy to accidentally change settings while using? Thanks
It’s hard to explain but the Maven does not range up and down in scan mode. The razor does. I would call Maven to ask them to explain field and forest and scan feature if you went that route. I do miss being able to scan up and down but the reticle is incredible on the Maven I don’t mind just ranging a couple of times with the button. Wheel doesn’t bother me at all I do like it for the menu access especially the brightness.