Rangefinder decisions

I believe my leupold is starting to crash as it's not showing things in the LED as it usually should.

What finder do you prefer? I want angle compensation for archery and red LED. Dont need anything crazy far 600 would be fine. I want something accurate too. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Leica CRF-2400R
  • The new CRF 2400-R offers a newly designed LED display for even better readability of scanned distances. The new LED display adjusts itself automatically to the ambient light to aid precise readability.
  • Another remarkable feature is the extremely fast scan mode, which takes measurements every 0.5 seconds.
  • Up to a measuring distance of 200 yards (182 meters), the unit displays the results in decimal figures (to 0.1y), enabling even more precise distance measurement for archers.
  • The CRF 2400-R determines the equivalent horizontal range (EHR) up to a distance of 1,200 yards (1,097 meters) when required. With this feature, the unit provides the practical anglecompensated distance, which is essential for an accurate long-distance shot.
  • Thanks to its compact design it fits easily into any pocket – weighing just 6.5 ounces and is waterproof to 1m.
  • The outstanding optics with a 7x magnification ensure the best image brightness and a wide field of view.

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
I absolutely love my vortex ranger 1500. Can be found for fairly cheap as well

I'm considering the Nikon Monarch 2000 - it seems to have all the features you are looking for. But, I haven't tried it myself and stock seems to be very limited. I have seen a number of sites selling them for ~ 220 USD.

I went with Vortex for the warranty, as most of the others have relatively short warranty on electronics. The 2nd gen (1300/1800) Rangers seem to get better reviews and I'm more than happy with my 1300 so far. It's not as lightning fast as some of the German stuff or high end Sig/Leupold stuff but I don't shoot long range rifle and it's still plenty snappy for me. The new Razor rangefinder is also in your budget though I have no experience with it. In your budget I imagine you'll have a hard time buying anything that's not pretty damn good, unless you're really picky.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
B
Which ones have the red led. I know leupold and leica do.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I just grabbed a kilo 2200 LRH from Cabela's yesterday. On sale for $349 and they have their trade in event right now, so I got rid of some old Bushnell binoculars and saved another $50, so $299 plus tax. Only spent about 5 minutes with them, but they seem like they will be a good option for me. BDX if I ever want it and red led will be a nice upgrade for me from my 15 year old Leupold

Chevynbow

FNG
Sig Kilo 2xxx series do and maybe some below that. All the vortex except the Impact. Leupold has some that aren't red so make sure you do your research.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
2xxx series for sure have the small halo reticle...ive used the 2200 since they first arrived, they get the job done consistently 1.2K yds and in...assuming the weather supports.

Sig just released a Kilo1600. It is their lowest line with red OLED. I bought one and am extremely happy with it. Can be had for <$300.

Just picked up the Vortex 1800 from Academy. They have it on sale at 299 and then you get a $50 gift card. I also had a 15% off coupon I had received in the mail and Active Junky had 2% cash back. So all in on it for $200.

It seems really solid and have ranged reflective targets out past 1k. Haven’t been able to test distance on animal yet.