Rangefinder for the glasses wearer

Mikido

WKR
With my glasses, I can do a decent job with my bino’s for quick checks. For prolonged glassing, I take off my glasses and really get in there.
My rangefinder is another story, cannot be used with my glasses. In a tree stand, no problem range out objects before hand.

on the ground, stalking an animal? Impossible with glasses on. Any advice? I’ve tried contacts and hate them. In a way I have gotten better at judging distance by eye, but have definitely made mistakes. Thanks

MattB

WKR
Virtually all have an eye cup that can be folded back to provide proper eye relief with glasses. I am not intending to be impolite, but sounds like user error.

HuntnPack

WKR
No problem with my Leica 2800.com
With or without glasses. Eye cup folds back. I use mine with & without.
I can focus mine enuff to work without glasses if I forget mine or sit on em.🤓

OP
Mikido

Mikido

WKR
I have folded back the eye cup as well, it just seems like the rangefinder I have the eye needs to be very close to the lens. I might try some others. Thanks

Never had an issue wearing glasses with 3 Bushnell models, 3 Leica models and 2 Leupold models. Fold back the eye cup and range away with full field of view. And I spot and stalk hunt.

If the issue is seeing and reading the yardage, is it a display color issue,,,,red is difficult to see, or maybe black if it isn’t showing up in dim light? Obviously you say you can use it from a tree stand so it does not sound like a display problem.

Last thing would be focusing the eyepiece. All 8 rangefinders I have owned had an adjustable eye piece. Bowhunting I PRE-focus them for a shorter yardage, say 40 yds. If coyote hunting with a rifle I’ll set focus on a few hundred yds out. If I have a lot of time, I may fine tune the focus a bit while ranging but typically don’t need to use the unit and get a range. Exception would be with focus set very close then ranging way out or vice verse. Good luck.

OP
Mikido

Mikido

WKR
Appreciate the tips. How have you dealt with your glasses in spot and stalking, where at the time of shot you’re all sweaty and the glasses fog? Let’s say your stripped down bare, enough movement and the glasses eventually fog no?