Rangefinder input

MT257

WKR
I currently have a Vortex Ranger Rangefinder. This fall I discovred it wouldn't read distances in stubble field. I am wondering is there a rangefinder out there that you have all used that seems to range everything? I've looked into the Sig line but know little about them I don't need one of them with the bluetooth, but I would be interested in them if others have had success in ranging distances in stubble field. It also needs to be able to angle compensate. Any insight is appreciated.

Ben RT

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a Leupold RX-2800 not long ago for $350 new. Had a Leica 2000-B and that pretty good...as long as it was a clear day. I couldn't get it to range through even the slightest fog when elk hunting, so I sold it. My brother had my backup/bowhunting rangefinder (Leupold RX-1000i) with us, and it had no problems out to 600+ yds in the same conditions. I also didn't really like how the Leica would calculate in the atmospheric conditions and ballistic specific info into the angle compensation "shoot as if" type distance. It got too complicated when I would keep the RF warmer than outside air (body heat) and use it to range for multiple weapons. I find the Leupold works accurately and fast (I've hit well over 3000yds leaning up against something solid for stability) and it gives me the info I want/need.

I would stay away from the Vortex Kool Aid. It’s a good thing they have a good warranty because they sure fail often.