rangefinder pouch magnets

TREE

FNG
I am upgrading my bino harness. I know that debate is never ending on here. I like the forward opening harness system and I am leaning toward the sitka bino bivy for various reasons. That said I want to add on a rangefinder pouch and I am thinking I will add a marsupial. My concern is I know the marsupial harness magnets are powerful enough to throw off a compass or GPS. Has anyone had issues with the rangefinder pouch doing the same or are they small enough and far enough away on the harness to avoid this?

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
As far as I know it's fine as long as you make an effort to hold it away. Fortunately with sitka being in many outdoor gear stores I'm assuming you could find one at a local store and test the situation to determine if you have any issues with it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
The harness I was using used magnets. I actually tried the RF (Vortex Ranger 1K) while attached to the magnet, not a bit of difference in ranging.

I am upgrading my bino harness. I know that debate is never ending on here. I like the forward opening harness system and I am leaning toward the sitka bino bivy for various reasons. That said I want to add on a rangefinder pouch and I am thinking I will add a marsupial. My concern is I know the marsupial harness magnets are powerful enough to throw off a compass or GPS. Has anyone had issues with the rangefinder pouch doing the same or are they small enough and far enough away on the harness to avoid this?

I run the same system with no issues.