Rangefinder recomendations

Holmes

Lil-Rokslider
I've only ever owned one range finder, a Leupold RX-1200 TBR.
I think the optics on it suck. The image is dark and not at all sharp. The digital read out is often hard to see, and the cross hairs obscure the target, I'm never quite sure that I'm actually ranging my target or something in the fore/back ground.
The laser ranging and ballistics math work great, but the optics turned me off. I want to replace it some year with something that is easy to look through.

NB7

WKR
Im running a Vortex ranger 1800. Red illuminated reticle, great warranty. The scan mode also works great.
I'll second that. Got one last year on a good deal. Been very pleased with it. Have been able to range 1000 reliably and have ranged out to 1350+/- with it. Has a super bright red display (when turned all the way up) which is nice during bright, sunny days

Hosery

FNG
Another vote for Leica.
I have a sig kilo 1250 and it was ok but not the clearest and won’t range past 550m in any conditions. I’m considering sending it back as I feel it should do better than that.

I upgraded to a Leica 1600b and won’t look back. Crystal clear ranges every time and well past 1600 so that’s a win. Spend a few extra dollars on a Leica. Buy once cry once.

CCH

WKR
I just upgraded from a Leupold RX-1000 to a Leica 2400. There is simply no comparison. The optics are stellar and it ranges very quickly. I know that's comparing an older unit to a very recent unit, but I've looked through quite a few and none of the other optics I've looked at have been close to the Leica. I didn't want the bells and whistles, so the 2400 was an easy choice for me.