Rangefinder

DunnCoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have rangefinder recommendations? I have a cheap buschnell right now and it’s definitely not getting the job done. I am mostly an archery hunter, but also rifle hunt. I don’t plan on becoming a long range rifle shooter anytime soon. But would like to get quick ranges out to 400 yards. My rangefinder didn’t work this year and cost me an antelope. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wassid82

WKR
Sig is nice. I've had about 5 different ones over the years and think the Leica is the best. Sometimes the glass is so good and 6-8x that you can use it as a monocular for archery season or what not. I've even used it on a spring bear bait hunt.

OP
DunnCoHunter

DunnCoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks! I should also mention that I would like to keep the rangefinder in the $300 range or less

Jackpot

FNG
Someone else posted this already, but sportsman warehouse has a sale on a Sig Sauer KILO1800BDX 6x22mm Laser Rangefinder for $179.99. Might be worth looking into.

I have a Leupold RX-2800 TBR I picked up for under $500. Ranges very fast with zero drama. Easy to use, glass is nice. They have other RX models that would likely meet your price range.

I am using the new Leupold with the archery software. I have ranged out to 1100 yards with it and happy so far. However, you can find Sig on camofire for a good price and that’s good too.

Someone else posted this already, but sportsman warehouse has a sale on a Sig Sauer KILO1800BDX 6x22mm Laser Rangefinder for $179.99. Might be worth looking into.

That’s a smoking deal!

I about got the 1800 but it was quite a bit heavier and a tad bulkier than the 1600. It def ranges a bit farther we’re talking 800+ but I myself didn’t notice it was any faster or accurate in reasonable ranges. Just a personal decision you’ll have to make. Again that’s a smoking deal.

Love my Leica 1650. It works every time and I’ve ranged objects to 1800 with it. I like it better than my buddies Swarovski.

Agent82

FNG
I have not used nor have I read any reviews on the Maven RF.1. They claim it ranges from 5-4500 yards. It might be worth investigating. However, it is just above your price point at $400 according to their website.

OP
DunnCoHunter

DunnCoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I’m bought that Sig 1800 from sportsman’s warehouse! Thanks for the help guys

archp625

WKR
I’ve had good luck with Sigs. I had a 850 that worked great. I sold it to my brother that got into hunting last year. I bought a 2000. Really the only reason I got the 2000 was so I could range a 8” plate for practice. I was tired of ranging a barn then ranging the plate and doing the math. For 400 yards the 850 will be plenty.

rhill

FNG
I run a leupold RX-1000-TBR and love it. I mostly archery hunt as well but will use it for rifle on occasion. It is very clear and easy to read the RED markings which in my mind is way better than black numbers when it is low light.

iHunt*

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been thoroughly impressed with my Vortex Ranger 1800 and it’s warrantied for life. I’m normally a Leupold fanatic, but with there’s only having a two year warranty it was an easy decision. I ended up getting it on sale at BlackOvis to my house for $280

Last edited: