Rangefinder

Venator

Lil-Rokslider
2022 best rangefinder? Purely hunting, primarily archery but also rifle hunt. No need for ballistic software or Bluetooth etc. just a fast, accurate, durable RF that does what it’s supposed to every time. I’m not on a budget but I’m not carrying around a terrapin.
Warranty’s are nice but not having to use them is better! Help please.
Sig, kahles, Maven, Leica, leupold, vortex…..

I have the same needs as you. I really like my Vortex4000. Used it the last 2 years on my elk hunts. The guys I was hunting with also really liked it. Snowy, foggy conditions no issue. Great warranty also but hope not to need it. I had a Leupold 1800 which was nice but my son lost it! From what I've read the elcetronics do not have a lifetime warranty, huh???? I had a Sig 1200 and it was just okay. Sold it.

I looking for another one and will probably go Maven. I really like my Maven B2 binocs.

Outwest

WKR
As much as I don’t like to recommend vortex, they make solid rangefinders. I’ve had a ranger 1000 for years and it’s still returns solid ranges to 600 yards. It’s a perfect little archery rf. Leupold also makes a great unit. I would not hesitate to buy a leupold either.

I looked at a sig this year at elk camp and they are also really nice. Didn’t have much of a chance to play with it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoRush24

Lil-Rokslider
Also in the new rangefinder camp. Had a vortex impact for years, busted on my last elk season. Got a replacement sent that doesn’t turn off.

j_volt

WKR
I really enjoy my Vortex Ranger 1800 when it works. I am currently on my third in 2 years. Vortex has replaced the other two quickly. The issue both times has been a reduction in range by the end of the season (usually around 500 yard max).

Brooks

WKR
I bought a sig sauer BDX for bow hunting just in case I ever want to buy one of their rifle scopes and pair it up.

thebadger

FNG
i had a nikon that wouldn’t pick up black, even the side of my truck at 40 yards, switched to the vortex ranger 1800 and have been happy with it so far

ofl0926

WKR
I’m looking to upgrade my rangefinder possibly to a sig or lecia model. Currently running a leupold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimss

WKR
There is no way I would by just a rangefinder. Do yourself a favor and buy a bino/rangefinder combo! I bought a Leica and love it! No need to carry both, waste time going back and forth between both, lugging around 2 on your neck, etc. The seconds going back and forth may be the difference between harvesting a critter and it running over the ridge!

Went from a cheap bushnell to the sig 1600, definitely an upgrade. Sig seems user friendly and I like the display illumination adjustment for the brighter and cloudier days if needed.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have the Leica 2400 and have no complaints but I want a range finding bino. Would be nice to have it all right there in one place.

elkguide

WKR
I've had a lot of them and have used most of the rest. I'm currently using the Maven and am very happy with it. Got some amazing readings on deer last fall in Idaho. (2840!)

Ucsdryder

WKR
warranty is more important when it comes to rangefinders than other optics in my opinion. The maven sound interesting. Just don’t go with leupold if you want one longer than a couple years.

Love my Leupold for archery hunting.....instant angle corrected yardage, including in scan mode. Had my present RX1600i w/DNA & TBR for 4 years without issue. Had a RX1200i w/DNA & TBR for 6 yrs that I used the heck out of hunting and around a new house build and landscaping during that time. The display finally faded around the edge. Leupold sold me the present one for about $200, which I considered a heck of a deal given all the use of the first one.

My Leica R1000 is my backup...takes 2.5 seconds for angle corrected yardage to show up after line of sight. And you only get line of sight readings in scan mode. I always like to verify yardage with multiple shots at the target (animal).

Leupold's scan mode is great for a mountain bowhunter. Models have changes but I would buy another Leupold in heart beat if and when this one has issues. Programmed by someone who understands a hunter's needs....instant, accurate, verified angle corrected yardage!