Rangefinders that sync with GoHunt or OnX

BSLugnut

FNG
Might anyone know if there are there any rangefinders that can sync with your GoHunt or OnX mapping software on your mobile phone? (Similar to Sig's BDX technology with BaseMap)

Mhopper5

Lil-Rokslider
Might anyone know if there are there any rangefinders that can sync with your GoHunt or OnX mapping software on your mobile phone? (Similar to Sig's BDX technology with BaseMap)
What features are you wanting? “Sync with” I feel is too broad.

As far as I know Swarovski has the ta version that is something along those lines

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
B

BSLugnut

FNG
What features are you wanting? “Sync with” I feel is too broad.
Similar to Sig's BDX technology with BaseMap, in that you can drop a waypoint on the map of what you ranged.
This could be handy for putting on a stalk to an animal and could assist in retrieving an animal after the shot at several hundred yards in the mountains.

Last edited:

Erict

WKR
I do not know about what you ask, but the "poor mans" version is to use rangefinder for distance, use your GPS app for bearing, then draw a line to that distance and set a waypoint. I guess it could be off by a bit in steep terrain if GPS uses ground distance vs. rangefinder straight line distance.

OP
B

BSLugnut

FNG
I do not know about what you ask, but the "poor mans" version is to use rangefinder for distance, use your GPS app for bearing, then draw a line to that distance and set a waypoint. I guess it could be off by a bit in steep terrain if GPS uses ground distance vs. rangefinder straight line distance.
That is exactly what SIG and BaseMaps functionality does.
Just range the item, press a button, and it drops a waypoint in the BaseMap application.

trogers861

Lil-Rokslider
Following this as well--Leica and Sig work with basemaps--are their any range finder products compatible with ONX?

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
I recently tried the Sig/Basemap feature and really like it. I have been an OnX user for years and never really gave Basemap a look. It is actually a really nice app. I'll probablly keep it but do not think I'll be ditching OnX.

Blue_dog

FNG
Re-upping this thread to see if anyone has found a rangefinder with a compass that links to one of the mapping apps. Are sig and swaro the only two that offer this?

jerm8352

Lil-Rokslider
Bump again. This feature would have saved me 3 hours searching for an elk. I would go the Sig route but don’t like their warranty.

Venom One

WKR
The first 4 min of this video shows a pretty cool new feature that is similar to what you're looking for: