Ranging Binos or Binos plus a Rangefinder?

bozeman

WKR
Valid concern, however I just wanted to clarify some things! If the rangefinder stopped working, let's say the battery died, the binoculars would just work as regular binoculars. You wouldn't be out both. Even if you don't turn the ranging function on you can use them as just a normal set of binos.
Agree, let me clarify.......I meant to send the unit in for repair, you would be out 'both'.....

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Agree, let me clarify.......I meant to send the unit in for repair, you would be out 'both'.....
Ahhh gotcha! If that were to happen we would definitely make sure that you have something for your hunt :)

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It's pretty tough to beat a good pair of range finding binos for rifle hunting. We have been using the Leica Geovids and the Zeiss Victory RFs. Both sets of binos have built in ballistics calculators which saves a lot of time when setting up for longer shots. For archery, we find that most of our customers still prefer a standard set of binos and a handheld rangefinder. It can be a hassle to range animals under 50 yards with a pair of 10x binos.

Painless

FNG
SIG Kilo 3000BDX and never look back, I have 2 pairs of elite binos and 2 rangefinders, I will pass the binos and rangefinders to my kids. Will never go back to straight binos

I have some Leica Geovids and I love them. I bought them over the Swaro EL Range because the Swaros won't range under 33 yards and I didn't like that for bowhunting.

gmchenry

FNG
I currently have swaro 10x42 ELs and a G7 BR 2500 rangefinder. I'm very happy with both but it would be nice to have it all in one unit due to the fact that the G7 is kind of bulky. I've been looking at lica geovid 3200.com. Curious if anyone's running those or the previous GeoVid 2700 wanting to compare glass to the ELs and the range finding ballistics to the G7 cuz both of those are superb. Thanks for any input

Rooster22

FNG
Ahhh gotcha! If that were to happen we would definitely make sure that you have something for your hunt :)
Sounds like you have something in the works, any chance its going to pair with the garmin devices, like Tactix delta or the 701

Fallow120

FNG
Way cheaper overall running 2 units, especially if you can find them secondhand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For rifle hunting I love my sig 3000's. I felt the glass was just a little clearer to my eyes than the furys.

Raider07

FNG
I have been using Geovids for over 10 years and at times worried about warranty issues and/or optical quality, I've had swarovision in both 8.5 and 10's , serveral SLC versions as well as Ultravids and gasp, even the new NL pure 10x42's. I have compared them all to my 2016 Geovids and the very small optical gain has never been worth it for my use, being a rifle hunter the Geovids always ended up being the ones I use.
My buddy just tried to convince me to purchase the new Geovids over other similar priced or cheaper models. He mentioned that the true benefit comes when you have been looking through the glass for long periods of time. That’s when they truly sign and allow you to justify the cost. Do you agree with this Handwerk?

Murphy

Lil-Rokslider
I went from only ever using relatively cheap binoculars with separate rangefinder to now using leica rangefinder binos. I'm never going back and the clarity is a huge step up. I've never had a stand alone high end bino so I couldn't say if I would notice the slight difference between them and what I have. I just like having less equipment to lug around.

antlerz

Lil-Rokslider
CRF2700 and 8.5 ELs. Leica ballistics with optics I prefer. 8.5s are awesome for all round use and I have tried a few different binos without having to change RF setup. I find Geovids heavy in the hand and a darker view.

Archery: 8x30 bino (SLC size in mind) + handheld RF

Rifle: 10x40 or 42mm RF bino

Left with one or the other, the 8x + handheld can cover both bases.

handwerk

WKR
Raider 07, yes I would agree, better glass and ergos that fit make for less eye fatigue. To me top tier glass is just more enjoyable to use, put a rangefinder inside and you have a great combo in my experience.
I'll save money elsewhere on gear, good optics= more enjoyable hunt..

bradb

WKR
I have separate rangefinders and rangefinder bino. I still prefer to bow or gun hunt with a separate RF and bino., Much easier to slide the small rf up for a quick check.

WYELK83

FNG
For rifle hunting, RF binos are great. For archery I prefer a separate rangefinder that I can hold steady with one hand and drop onto the tether.