Rattle Can Rifle Camo

In the early 2000s Tikka imported the Tikka T3 Varmint in .308. I picked one up, then they changed a couple minor details, called it a "Tactical" and charged about $250 more. I was thankful to have picked up an early one when the were around $400.

The stock has been Kryloned a couple times and the barreled action was duracoated early on, but that too is starting to show its age.

4tUKn0e.jpg

Ay3vGGC.jpg

S2W2LM2.jpg

When I picked up my Sako TRG .308 I had the T3 varmint barrel cut back to 20"s as I did not really need two long barrel .308s. Eventually I put the barreled action in a chassis.

This is how she sits now with an SWFA 3-15 MIL/MIL on top.

hWXupAW.jpg

mechengr

FNG
I just finished dressing up a plain black Bell & Carlson stock on my Tikka, was shooting for similar to the Manners and Iota sponge camo patterns.PXL_20210519_014410638~2.jpg

I haven’t rattle canned a gun in a while. Another forum I follow advocates a blend coat lightly misted over the pattern from a bit of altitude or distance - like a dusting of FDE from 2-3 feet above the stock. They followed it up with matte clear finish layers after it cured. Arveo was the paint of choice. I did some gear in multicam using that method and it looks great and wears well too.

Button

WKR
Some great looking paint jobs. Going to paint my savage axis .308 that I picked up for a great price. What’s everyone’s experience that has spray painted rifle barrel? Once the barrel gets hot from repeated shots does it affect the paint?

I've never had issues with my barrel paint. Especially on a bolt gun. I have had the heat effect the paint on the suppressor of my work gun (5.56). It heavily darkened in the center of the suppressor. Personally, I think it added some more character and ended up looking even better.